Thread: Mouse kind of works but keyboard unresponsive

Beans

Mouse kind of works but keyboard unresponsive

Hi,
    I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 64bit on an AMD 64 bit CPU machine.
    I've now had 3 separate occasions when my keyboard became unresponsive.
    The mouse continues to move the cursor around the screen but can't click on anything or rather clicking doesn't do anything.

Ctr-Alt-F1-F8 do nothing.
    Ctrl- Alt Backspace does nothing.
    Alt-PrtScr-K does nothing.

Only thing to do is press power button.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Mouse kind of works but keyboard unresponsive

Forgive me for such a simple solution idea, but you could always wait for 12.10 to be released in about a few weeks, then perform a fresh install to see if anything gets improved. At least you would be up to date, with the possibleness of things having gotten fixed as if from themselves.

Beans

Re: Mouse kind of works but keyboard unresponsive

Quote Originally Posted by twipley View Post
    Forgive me for such a simple solution idea, but you could always wait for 12.10 to be released in about a few weeks, then perform a fresh install to see if anything gets improved. At least you would be up to date, with the possibleness of things having gotten fixed as if from themselves.
    Thank you for your response. But I'm reluctant to perform an upgrade in the off chance my problem will be solved.

I think it is narrowed down to some flash based websites that it occurs on. It happened just now and I was on a dailymotion video site. It didn't recur when I went back to the site tho.