Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: installed ambiance theme, menus still white?

Beans

Re: installed ambiance theme, menus still white?

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Could you please specify which are these "some programs"?
    Evidently, others work okay?
    Sorry, actually all of the menus in all programs ("File", "Tools", etc) are white when clicked, except for when I right click on the title bar, those are dark.

Beans

This is what I see when I click my applications menu from the panel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by aem0512 View Post
    This is what I see when I click my applications menu from the panel.
    So, did you check out the link in my first post (#8)? I was experiencing the same behavior in my Cairo-Dock session until I follow the instructions there.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans

Yes, but after adding the ppa and updating & upgrading, nothing downloaded so I guess I had the newest version already?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by newb85 View Post
    If you're referring to menus associated with the DE (not the menus within windows), it's a bug in the Ambiance theme. The Ubuntu devs. got around it by overriding the menu color in Unity.

You can fix it by following the instructions at http://www.webupd8.org/2012/05/insta...r-classic.html
    There was an update of light themes (Ambiance and Radiance) a month or so ago and I'm assuming that the referenced bug was fixed by then.

This bug describes what I see: https://bugs.launchpad.net/light-themes/+bug/1047736 and mentioned above with images.

Anyway, I don't understand the OP's problem.
    Maybe there's some confusion between the window manager theme and the regular theme.
    Because OP writes, "Sorry, actually all of the menus in all programs ("File", "Tools", etc) are white when clicked, except for when I right click on the title bar, those are dark."
    If that is so, OP should try to pick a window manager theme that closest resembles Ambiance.

Beans

Here's a link that may be of some help:
    How to Theme Up Lubuntu

Beans

I've changed all three, the openbox window border, the icon theme, and the widget to ambiance.

I have followed the instructions in this link (http://maketecheasier.com/theme-up-lubuntu/2011/02/11) perfectly but my results are still the same. All white menus, panel menu is white, and all menus for every application are white. Right click has a white menu also.

The bug report says "When I use Ambiance theme, in gtk3 apps like gedit , the context menu (mouse right click menu) appears to be dark background and light text. While in gtk2 apps like firefox and chrome, the context menu appears to be light background and black text..."

But I have no dark menus at all like this bug reporter.

Beans

Aha! Problem solved.

I was using the "light themes" package from synaptic and that did not work. Then I tried the "ambiance 12.04" package from ravefinity and that did not work either.

Then I tried the "ambiance 11.04" package from ravefinity and it works like a charm! All menus looks as they should. See link and choose the "Ubuntu 11.04 or older" if you're having the same problem as me:

http://www.ravefinity.com/p/download...hemes-for.html

Beans

Seems I was a bit hasty in thinking my problems were totally solved. Now certain applications and popup notifications are white with white text and I can't read them. Is there any way to fix this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12