Thread: Wireless network disconnecting

Beans

Angry Wireless network disconnecting

Hey guys

I'm having a problem. Whenever i'm on linux OS my network disconnects at random and then reconnects immediateley. This happens probably like 10times/h. When I start the PC i always get this error: "Network Service Discovery disabled. Your current network has a .local domain, which is not recommended and incompatible with the Avahi network service discovery. The service has been disabled."

I used to be able to write stop Avahi command but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Now when i use the find command in terminal my PC can't even find Avahi anymore.

Anyone got any tips/solution?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Wireless network disconnecting

Probably a weak connection. I tether my phone to my laptop for Internet (high speed isn't available here) and I have the same issue, always disconnecting, sometimes automatically reconnecting right away. In my case I have good signal strength on my phone but I think my cord I use to tether is faulty, but I assume a weak signal could do the same thing. If you are connected directly to a modem try using a new Ethernet cable. If you are using a wireless network, make sure your router is placed a few feet away from your modem, and not tucked away in a corner, and facing away from walls, and have your computer relatively close to the router (not the opposite part of the house).

Beans

Thanks for the help. Another problem is that when i connect a ethernet cable i won't get the wired connection icon, so its like it didn't register that I plugged in the ethernet cable. But when i run windows os it always register the ethernet cable whenever it's plugged in. Also sometimes when I disconnect from the wireless network I get a system error popup. How do I find out what the error is about cause it won't tell me.

Beans

Anyone wanna help me out?