with lubuntu 12.04 and will not break our imac if so

only go back to the old one

in debian have you tried

code
    sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

or use filemanager to copy and put .txt after xorg.conf

like xorg.conf.txt and post it

abtabt
    @abtabt: Thanks very kindly for the follow-up . . . I'll try to play around with it a bit, but the next 3-4 days I'm going to be away from the iMac so it probably won't be right away. I have to brush up on my Terminal commands as far as moving new xorg.conf into place and then moving it back out if I want to revert, etc. It's not a big deal I know, but it's just the fiddling . . . right now I'm trying to get LM13 to boot up on my MBPro . . . GRUB seems to have taken a dive lately????

e.e.p.

Beans

Re: Sleep (suspend?) freezes mac

@abtabt:

Haven't forgotten about this, but too much work this week . . . brain fry . . . spent the extra effort getting GRUB directed to the right "dev" . . . LM13 MATE is now running on my MBPro!!!!! I'll get back to this next week . . . probably just try the xorg.conf file you posted, see if that fixes suspend. I'll post back when I have something actually done.

e.e.p.

Beans

I don't know what happened, but since my last post it didn't happen anymore
    Maybe some fix on some kernel/X update?

Beans

@scognito:

That's great, I just realized today that tomorrow I'm having to work so I won't be able to play around with the xorg.conf file or other stuff . . . but, as of a few days ago Suspend is not something that my iMac can wake up from . . . yet . . . even did some upgrades . . . . Anyway, I'll just have to push the investigation(s) down the road . . . . In the meanwhile I took a few minutes to try to get sound working following the PPC FAQ . . . started by deleting the /modprobe.d/blacklist local file which contained a list of blacklisted sound drivers??? . . . a deleted a "snd" item from /etc/modules . . . as one of the options in the FAQ suggested . . . didn't seem to provide sound, so I'll be adding the blacklisted items back and adding the snd back into modules . . . and then trying to get suspend going, lots to do for the iMac . . . . : - ))))

e.e.p.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Este.el.paz

Post our lsmod file please

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by abtabt View Post
    Este.el.paz

Post our lsmod file please
    @abtabt:

Appreciate the follow-up, just letting you know the latest situation, looks like my horsie is again pulling up lame and will be a DNF once again. I just tried to boot the Xu 12.0.4 system to check on lsmod and wound up with multiple problems, problems getting Yaboot window to show up, problems getting gdm log in window to stay, problems with once getting passed gdm log in then mouse didn't work and no toolbar, problems then getting passed xubun splash window with subsequent kernel panic, problem with kernel panic before the Yaboot window . . . problem with showing a single user window that wouldn't accept my password to get into CLI . . . went thru 5 cold boots essentially ending in kernel panic. Gave up, when I tried to boot OSX, there also was a kernel panic and had to restart . . . thought it might be the old iMac giving up its life force, but seems like it's OK for now . . . don't know why kernel panics in Xubun would carry over to OSX? But, this has been the history of trying to get anything in the Linux realm to run on the iMac for longer than a few months, seems to be doing OK, then the system seems to start degrading?? kernel panics start and eventually the CLI even goes away. There was something about "starting pbbuttonsd 0.7.9 Unknown powerbook; speech-dispatcher disabled, edit; starting NTP-server-ntpd-kernel panic 3 or 4" on the Xubuntu splash window.

I did do an update/upgrade on Friday night, couple night back using "sudo aptitude" and I rebooted then and everything seemed to be OK, I can't remember if I installed "powerprefs" in the iMac following a comment in the PPC FAQ about either getting suspend to work, but I didn't adjust anything in the GUI powerprefs window when it opened . . . so I don't know if somehow one of the upgrades has messed with my "nv" driver compilation . . . but once again there is a problem. Seemed like Xu/Lu 12.0.4 got me closer to something stable . . . will have to see on another day if I can get it working, if it's a hardware issue, or just try what will be the 6th or 7th re-install . . . . Maybe Tuesday I'll again have a moment to play around . . . the sound issue goes to the back burner for now.

e.e.p.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123