Thread: Set the default boot loader to Windows' Boot loader?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Set the default boot loader to Windows' Boot loader?

I have always wondered how I would set the default boot loader to Windows' boot loader instead of grub being the default one? I assume I use something like EasyBCD but I just thought I'd ask before risking damaging my system.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Set the default boot loader to Windows' Boot loader?

Quote Originally Posted by ojdon View Post
    I have always wondered how I would set the default boot loader to Windows' boot loader instead of grub being the default one? I assume I use something like EasyBCD but I just thought I'd ask before risking damaging my system.

Thanks!
    is grub working? you can change the default in grub to boot anything and set the timeout to 0 so you don't even know its there..

If you are changing it just "because" - this seems more to like a pointless exercise.. regardless - google will offer plenty of ideas on restoring the bootloader..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Set the default boot loader to Windows' Boot loader?

IF you don't like hand-editing boot config files, then install Grub-Customizer. When you launch it, it will put up menus that will allow you to set the default boot options.

EasyBCD is a Windows product, and if you already have GRUB installed, you would first have to remove GRUB to use that, and then figure out how to configure it to work with Ubuntu.

Using Grub-Customizer to change the GRUB boot defaults is a lot less work.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.