Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 93

Thread: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Aotearoha
    Beans
    2,661
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

    When you start mythfrontend from terminal (without --syslog) then all logging goes to stdout & not to syslog ..

    Is xscreensaver installed in mythbuntu?
    Should be okay I use xscreensaver with mythtv on lucid works..
    No libCEC (prob a good thing)..

    Why does you log show XVideo blit rendering?

    Your PC seems to be trying to use XV blit rendering with vdpau decoding which is not allowed/supported..
    XV XVideo is also deprecated AFAIK & no one should have been using it for years.

    Please change your video playback profile by:
    - clicking on "vdpau slim"
    - click edit (to get to new screen)
    - make sure vdpau is set as render & decoder

    You had better check all your vdpau playback profiles & make sure they all use vdpau rendering..

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Re: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

    Quote Originally Posted by BicyclerBoy View Post
    When you start mythfrontend from terminal (without --syslog) then all logging goes to stdout & not to syslog ..

    Is xscreensaver installed in mythbuntu?
    Should be okay I use xscreensaver with mythtv on lucid works..
    No libCEC (prob a good thing)..

    Why does you log show XVideo blit rendering?

    Your PC seems to be trying to use XV blit rendering with vdpau decoding which is not allowed/supported..
    XV XVideo is also deprecated AFAIK & no one should have been using it for years.

    Please change your video playback profile by:
    - clicking on "vdpau slim"
    - click edit (to get to new screen)
    - make sure vdpau is set as render & decoder

    You had better check all your vdpau playback profiles & make sure they all use vdpau rendering..
    xscreensaver was installed...hmmm...well anyway, it's removed now.

    vdpau slim is now the playback profile. It has been the playback profile before, but in my troubleshooting, I change it while I try other things. I was able to confirm that vdpau is the render and decoder. All the vdpau profiles are the same in that respect. However, all of the vdpau and non-vdpau based playback profiles have the same issue of a black screen with audio upon playback or live tv.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Aotearoha
    Beans
    2,661
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

    There is no problem with xscreensaver on my lucid box & mythtv..
    The problems were with gnome screensaver..

    Your log file clearly shows:
    VDPAU profiles 42 43 46 47 50 51 being ignored because of the "not supported" selected ffmpeg decoder.

    XVideo is being used as fullback device because VDP vdpau render can not be used with your ffmpeg decoder.

    VDPAU rendering is supported with s/w decoding & h/w decode with ffmpegvdpau codecs..

    Are you building mythtv from source ?
    Have you tried to build install ffmpeg libav* libraries ?

    Is it possible you have replaced your system shared libav* libraries ?

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Re: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

    Quote Originally Posted by BicyclerBoy View Post
    There is no problem with xscreensaver on my lucid box & mythtv..
    The problems were with gnome screensaver..

    Your log file clearly shows:
    VDPAU profiles 42 43 46 47 50 51 being ignored because of the "not supported" selected ffmpeg decoder.

    XVideo is being used as fullback device because VDP vdpau render can not be used with your ffmpeg decoder.

    VDPAU rendering is supported with s/w decoding & h/w decode with ffmpegvdpau codecs..

    Are you building mythtv from source ?
    Have you tried to build install ffmpeg libav* libraries ?

    Is it possible you have replaced your system shared libav* libraries ?
    I installed mythtv from a CD and did not build anything from source. Anything extra was installed with "apt-get install".

    I wouldn't know how to (purposefully) replace libraries.

    I really didn't do much after the install. I just installed a couple of minor things like gedit, xbmc and made a couple of port changes (for remote access) to conf files...but nothing crazy/fancy.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Aotearoha
    Beans
    2,661
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

    Installing XBMC is not minor..

    I have only built XBMC from source to get the latest ... & it did no damage.

    You used a PPA to install XBMC?
    This could have trashed your system.

    Can you provide a link so we can check out the contents?

    Can you try the debugging stuff from the first few pages (of this thread)?

    vdpauinfo
    mplayer with -vo vdpau & then with -vc ffh264vdpau
    ffmpeg
    mythffmpeg
    dpkg-query -l libav*

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Beans
    3,239

    Re: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

    Quote Originally Posted by BicyclerBoy View Post
    Installing XBMC is not minor..

    I have only built XBMC from source to get the latest ... & it did no damage.

    You used a PPA to install XBMC?
    This could have trashed your system.

    Can you provide a link so we can check out the contents?

    Can you try the debugging stuff from the first few pages (of this thread)?

    vdpauinfo
    mplayer with -vo vdpau & then with -vc ffh264vdpau
    ffmpeg
    mythffmpeg
    dpkg-query -l libav*
    xbmc is available in the ubuntu repos.

    The ffmpeg libraries are irrelevant as myth has it's own internal versions of ffmpeg.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Aotearoha
    Beans
    2,661
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

    Early in this thread there was discussion about other ppa..
    That suggests the xbmc might not be from std repos..

    So the distro package managed version of mythtv in mythbuntu has self-contained ffmpeg libav* ?
    And I'm not talking about mythffmpeg..
    [after checking std packages ..this does not have dependency on libav]

    So mythbuntu is just Xubuntu with a local static build of mythtv installed into /usr/bin & a some scripts + control centre?

    I would be very surprised if mythtv package in std ubuntu repos is built that way.
    But it would seem a bit crazy to have a static build of mythffmpeg & then use shared libraries for libav*..
    [after checking std packages ..this does not have dependency on libav]

    The project split of ffmpeg & ubuntu then choosing to go with libav project could have forced mythtv package in *buntu to be self-contained.
    Last edited by BicyclerBoy; November 20th, 2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: [checked dependencies]

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Beans
    3,239

    Re: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

    Quote Originally Posted by BicyclerBoy View Post
    Early in this thread there was discussion about other ppa..
    That suggests the xbmc might not be from std repos..

    So the distro package managed version of mythtv in mythbuntu has self-contained ffmpeg libav* ?
    And I'm not talking about mythffmpeg..
    [after checking std packages ..this does not have dependency on libav]

    So mythbuntu is just Xubuntu with a local static build of mythtv installed into /usr/bin & a some scripts + control centre?
    no it is not a static build, the mythtv devs import ffmpeg source into their own tree and then modify it for their own purposes/bug fixes. This is the same for all mythtv - whether it is packaged or built from scratch. Therefore it doesn't matter what libav or ffmpeg you have installed on the system, because mythtv never uses them.

    I would be very surprised if mythtv package in std ubuntu repos is built that way.
    But it would seem a bit crazy to have a static build of mythffmpeg & then use shared libraries for libav*..
    [after checking std packages ..this does not have dependency on libav]

    The project split of ffmpeg & ubuntu then choosing to go with libav project could have forced mythtv package in *buntu to be self-contained.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Re: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

    I did not add a ppa for xbmc.

    Sorry, that early post about vdpauinfo was before I fixed it the first time.

    vdpauinfo was not installed this time, so I installed it.

    Code:
    $ vdpauinfo 
    display: :0.0   screen: 0
    API version: 1
    Information string: NVIDIA VDPAU Driver Shared Library  295.40  Thu Apr  5 21:54:31 PDT 2012
    
    Video surface:
    
    name   width height types
    -------------------------------------------
    420     4096  4096  NV12 YV12 
    422     4096  4096  UYVY YUYV 
    
    Decoder capabilities:
    
    name               level macbs width height
    -------------------------------------------
    MPEG1                 0  8192  2048  2048
    MPEG2_SIMPLE          3  8192  2048  2048
    MPEG2_MAIN            3  8192  2048  2048
    H264_MAIN            41  8190  2032  2048
    H264_HIGH            41  8190  2032  2048
    VC1_SIMPLE            1  8190  2048  2048
    VC1_MAIN              2  8190  2048  2048
    VC1_ADVANCED          4  8190  2048  2048
    
    Output surface:
    
    name              width height nat types
    ----------------------------------------------------
    B8G8R8A8          8192  8192    y  Y8U8V8A8 V8U8Y8A8 
    R10G10B10A2       8192  8192    y  Y8U8V8A8 V8U8Y8A8 
    
    Bitmap surface:
    
    name              width height
    ------------------------------
    B8G8R8A8          8192  8192
    R8G8B8A8          8192  8192
    R10G10B10A2       8192  8192
    B10G10R10A2       8192  8192
    A8                8192  8192
    
    Video mixer:
    
    feature name                    sup
    ------------------------------------
    DEINTERLACE_TEMPORAL             y
    DEINTERLACE_TEMPORAL_SPATIAL     y
    INVERSE_TELECINE                 y
    NOISE_REDUCTION                  y
    SHARPNESS                        y
    LUMA_KEY                         y
    HIGH QUALITY SCALING - L1        -
    HIGH QUALITY SCALING - L2        -
    HIGH QUALITY SCALING - L3        -
    HIGH QUALITY SCALING - L4        -
    HIGH QUALITY SCALING - L5        -
    HIGH QUALITY SCALING - L6        -
    HIGH QUALITY SCALING - L7        -
    HIGH QUALITY SCALING - L8        -
    HIGH QUALITY SCALING - L9        -
    
    parameter name                  sup      min      max
    -----------------------------------------------------
    VIDEO_SURFACE_WIDTH              y         1     4096
    VIDEO_SURFACE_HEIGHT             y         1     4096
    CHROMA_TYPE                      y  
    LAYERS                           y         0        4
    
    attribute name                  sup      min      max
    -----------------------------------------------------
    BACKGROUND_COLOR                 y  
    CSC_MATRIX                       y  
    NOISE_REDUCTION_LEVEL            y      0.00     1.00
    SHARPNESS_LEVEL                  y     -1.00     1.00
    LUMA_KEY_MIN_LUMA                y  
    LUMA_KEY_MAX_LUMA                y

    I do not have mplayer installed. I believe this used to come as part of the install, but it looks like vlc is now the pre-installed media player. If you would like me to install it, just let me know.

    Code:
    $ ffmpeg
    ffmpeg version 0.8.4-4:0.8.4-0ubuntu0.12.04.1, Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the Libav developers
      built on Nov  6 2012 16:50:25 with gcc 4.6.3
    *** THIS PROGRAM IS DEPRECATED ***
    This program is only provided for compatibility and will be removed in a future release. Please use avconv instead.
    Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder
    usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...
    
    Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'

    Code:
    $ mythffmpeg
    FFmpeg version UNKNOWN, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
      built on Nov 17 2012 00:24:16 with gcc 4.6.3
      configuration: --compile-type=profile --prefix=/usr --runprefix=/usr --enable-crystalhd --enable-lirc --enable-audio-alsa --enable-audio-oss --enable-dvb --enable-ivtv --enable-firewire --enable-joystick-menu --with-bindings=perl --enable-ffmpeg-pthreads --enable-pic --enable-vaapi --perl-config-opts='INSTALLDIRS=vendor' --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-libxvid --enable-nonfree --enable-opengl-video --cpu=i686 --enable-mmx --enable-vdpau
      libavutil    50. 39. 0 / 50. 39. 0
      libavcodec   52.113. 1 / 52.113. 1
      libavformat  52.101. 0 / 52.101. 0
      libavdevice  52.  2. 3 / 52.  2. 3
      libavfilter   1. 76. 0 /  1. 76. 0
      libswscale    0. 12. 0 /  0. 12. 0
      libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0
    Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder
    usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...
    
    Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'

    Code:
    $ dpkg-query -l libav*
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name                               Version                            Description
    +++-==================================-==================================-====================================================================================
    ii  libav-tools                        4:0.8.4-0ubuntu0.12.04.1           Multimedia player, server, encoder and transcoder
    ii  libavahi-client3                   0.6.30-5ubuntu2                    Avahi client library
    ii  libavahi-common-data               0.6.30-5ubuntu2                    Avahi common data files
    ii  libavahi-common3                   0.6.30-5ubuntu2                    Avahi common library
    ii  libavahi-compat-libdnssd1          0.6.30-5ubuntu2                    Avahi Apple Bonjour compatibility library
    ii  libavahi-core7                     0.6.30-5ubuntu2                    Avahi's embeddable mDNS/DNS-SD library
    ii  libavc1394-0                       0.5.3-1ubuntu2                     control IEEE 1394 audio/video devices
    un  libavcodec-extra-53                <none>                             (no description available)
    ii  libavcodec53                       4:0.8.4-0ubuntu0.12.04.1           Libav codec library
    un  libavdevice-extra-53               <none>                             (no description available)
    ii  libavdevice53                      4:0.8.4-0ubuntu0.12.04.1           Libav device handling library
    un  libavfilter-extra-2                <none>                             (no description available)
    ii  libavfilter2                       4:0.8.4-0ubuntu0.12.04.1           Libav video filtering library
    un  libavformat-extra-53               <none>                             (no description available)
    ii  libavformat53                      4:0.8.4-0ubuntu0.12.04.1           Libav file format library
    un  libavutil-extra-51                 <none>                             (no description available)
    ii  libavutil51                        4:0.8.4-0ubuntu0.12.04.1           Libav utility library
    Last edited by davidstoll; November 21st, 2012 at 01:34 AM.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Aotearoha
    Beans
    2,661
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

    Like Nick stated..mythtv should be unaffected by /immune to external changes to ffmpeg/libav packages.

    I wasn't sure about mythbuntu distro..

    I don't see anthing wrong with your latest postings..
    Would install the libav*-extras packages (replaces the non-extras packages) if you need avconv-ffmpeg to be useful..

    All I can imagine is:
    - there is sometime wrong/hidden with video playback profile
    - something messed up in mythconverg database
    - some mythtv version mismatch schema mismatch between FE BE
    - failed schema update.

    I would try the potentially unsafe complete removal of this slave frontend from the database & a reinstall of frontend.
    Possibly a fresh install of the frontend with a new hostname could be sufficient..

    You have an (unrelated) db table missing warning with mythweather plugin..could be you have just never run it (from the menu).
    Last edited by BicyclerBoy; November 21st, 2012 at 08:21 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •