Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

Beans

Re: vdpau black screen (monitor off) in mythTV

Another option go to Settings|General Settings|Page two.

Choose (tick) Use custom identifier for frontend preferences. And give it a unique name. It should then start with a fresh and uncorrupted set of preferences. (once mythfrontend is restarted).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    Another option go to Settings|General Settings|Page two.

Choose (tick) Use custom identifier for frontend preferences. And give it a unique name. It should then start with a fresh and uncorrupted set of preferences. (once mythfrontend is restarted).
    Well, that fixed it! I had to do some re-configuring of some of the settings, sound, theme, shutdown command, etc, but all in all, it was only a couple of minutes to set it back up the way I had it.

Like the instructions say, the custom identifier name must be different than the network name of the device. I also got a crash popup. When I restarted the the frontend (program), it didn't seem to take. Not sure if it was because of the crash or if the machine (rather than the program) needed to be restarted, but anyway...

Wow, that was a strange one. Same exact problem (from the user perspective), but totally different fixes...in the same thread.

Thanks again nickrout and BicyclerBoy for your help and patience with me. I'm still learning this, but, in part, because of this forum, I have not installed Winblow$ on a machine in a couple of years.

Is there a place to make a paypal donation to the forum or ubuntu or ...?

Thanks again guys for all your help, you are the best!

I'll mark the thread as solved...again.

Beans

Yeah obviously there was something assed up in your settings - which could have been in the settings table, or (more likely in my humble opinion) the profiles tables. So both times it was in fact the same problem (a setting wrong) but in the first case it was easier to find and correct the setting. In the second case we just blew away all your settings and went back to the defaults.

If you really wanted to look into it further you could analyse those tables to death and see what has changed between old and new, but it's probably more for your own curiosity than anything else. I am curious about it still, but not curious enough to spend too much time

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910