Thread: No wired connection or VPN on login - Precise 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

No wired connection or VPN on login - Precise 12.04

Upon logging into Precise, my network connections shows 'Enable networking.' I cannot access my wired connection or my VPN, but I do have an internet connection.

To access my wired connection or VPN, I have to uncheck 'Enable networking' which kills the net connection. Then I have to recheck 'Enable networking' and finally the options for the wired connection and VPN are visible.

This makes no sense to me and I don't recall Lucid acting like this. Please help me if you can or set fire to me - which ever is appropriate.

rbjscv
    it's a place to go - Bruce, RIP

Ubuntu 12.04, e-Machine W3503, Celeron 3.3GHz, 2GB Ram, e-GeForce 8400GS 256 MG, ALC861, Altec-Lansing VS4121 Audio

Beans

Re: No wired connection or VPN on login - Precise 12.04

i'm also facing the same. if i eject & reinsert the dongle, the problem does not re-appear.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: No wired connection or VPN on login - Precise 12.04

It's frustrating. I've searched this site and been through every thing I could find on Google - all to no avail. It's just hard to believe that there isn't someone who knows how to fix this. And it's hard to believe we're the only two people with this problem.

If I find a solution I'll let you know.
    it's a place to go - Bruce, RIP

Ubuntu 12.04, e-Machine W3503, Celeron 3.3GHz, 2GB Ram, e-GeForce 8400GS 256 MG, ALC861, Altec-Lansing VS4121 Audio