Thread: What software is for syncing folders on desktops with Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS Server

Beans

What software is for syncing folders on desktops with Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS Server

What software is for syncing folders on desktops with Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS Server

Hi

I have installed Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS, defined users and workstations seeing mixed Windows, Linux and Mac OS
    Now I want to find a software that allows me to synchronize folders and files agende, for example, a folder called: FOLDER-SYNC: this will be on the server and a workstation, and with the correct user should have the same information in both places.

That software may be used, I prefer that the software runs on the client, not the server load with this task, but it can be used to run from the server.

thanks

Ruben Arno

Que Software hay para sincronizando escritorios con carpetas en servidor Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS

Hi

Tengo instalado un Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS , definidos los usuarios y viendo estaciones de trabajo mixtas Windows, Linux y OS Mac.
    Ahora quiero encontrar un software que me permita sincronizar las carpetas y archivos que agende, por ejemplo: una carpeta llamada: CARPETA-SINCRONIZADA: esta estara en el servidor y en una estacion de trabajo, y con el usuario correcto deberia tener la misma informacion en ambos lugares.

Que software se puede usar, yo preferiria que el software corra en el cliente, para no cargar al servidor con esta tarea, pero sino se puede sirve que corra desde el servidor.

Gracias

Ruben Arno

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: What software is for syncing folders on desktops with Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS Ser

Many of us use rsync from the command line for this task.
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users