Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installed Ubuntu 12.04, No USB Keyboard or Mouse

Beans

Re: Installed Ubuntu 12.04, No USB Keyboard or Mouse

I installed Ubuntu 12.10 beta and the wireless keyboard/mouse worked with no problem! I'm guessing that the newer kernel (3.5 that comes with 12.10) addresses the hardware (12.04 came with kernel v3.2).

Beans

Update: I installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my system and the wireless keyboard/mouse work with no issues. I'm guessing that it's a kernel issue with 12.04. Is there a way to install 12.04 LTS and then upgrade the kernel before booting into the OS?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Beans
    Distro

I've got an NVIDA vido card and this worked for me after working with NikTh (nick-athens30) on launchpad....

During boot you're going to see a purple screen with no Grub options if you're not dual booting. When you see that purple screen hold the [SHIFT] key until grub menu appears and select "Advanced settings".

At this point, you're going to want to select the kernel with the recovery mode options and just hit enter at the next screen.

Once I was in recovery mode I had my input devices and everything was gravy. I was able to run the software update then, while I was in I installed drivers with the directions from this site...

http://www.noobslab.com/2012/10/inst...in-ubuntu.html

Now my global menu and launcher aren't coming up, but this shouldn't be a problem to fix now that I've got input devices.

I hope this helps...

Beans
    Distro

If you've got an Nvidia video card here's how you get your top menu and launcher back after you have access to your input devices...

http://askubuntu.com/a/202587/104413

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12