Thread: UBUNTU SERVER / SAMBA, installing a data server for workstations mixed

Beans

UBUNTU SERVER / SAMBA, installing a data server for workstations mixed

UBUNTU SERVER / SAMBA, installing a data server for workstations mixed

Hi

I have installed Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS server to share data on a network of computers, workstations are mixed, have Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Android, etc..

Let me recommend installing programs, I read that SAMBA is good, but I'm unclear if SAMBA will you need other programs to run well, I recommend.

Anyone have a guide where to make easy and intituitivo the following topics in the data server armed, heard recommendations to facilitate the learning time and implementation:
    1) Assemble users and share folders in ubuntu server.
    2) Put together groups with common characteristics to make administration easier
    3) They see Ubuntu server computers that share folders with username and password, which are defined, taking into account that the stations may have platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS and Android
    4) That the Windows machines (XP, Vista and Seven) seeing the server and username and password to access the data.
    5) That the Mac OS stations (Leopard and Lion) seeing the server and username and password to access the data.
    6) That the seasons Linux (Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04) and seeing the server with username and password to access the data.

thanks

Ruben Arno

UBUNTU SERVER / SAMBA, instalando un servidor de datos para estaciones de trabajo mixtas

Hi

Tengo instalado un servidor Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS para que comparta datos en una red de computadoras, las estaciones de trabajo son mixtas, tenemos Linux, Windows, OS Mac, Android, etc.

Que programas me recomiendan instalar, he leido que SAMBA es bueno, pero no me quedo claro si a SAMBA le haran falta otros programas para funcionar bien, que me recomiendan.

Alguno tiene una guia donde hacer facil e intituitivo los siguientes temas en el armado del servidor de datos, se escuchan recomendaciones para facilitar el tiempo de aprendizaje e implementacion:
    1) Armar usuarios y carpetas que comparte en el servidor ubuntu.
    2) Armar Grupos con caracteristicas comunes para hacer mas facil la administracion
    3) Que el servidor Ubuntu vea equipos que comparten carpetas con usuario y contraseña, donde se los define, teniendo en cuenta que las estaciones pueden tener plataformas: Windows, Linux, OS Mac y Android
    4) Que las estaciones Windows (XP, Vista y Seven) vean el servidor y con usuario y contraseña puedan acceder a los datos.
    5) Que las estaciones OS Mac (Leopard y Lion) vean el servidor y con usuario y contraseña puedan acceder a los datos.
    6) Que las estaciones Linux ( Ubuntu 10.04 y 12.04) vean el servidor y con usuario y contraseña puedan acceder a los datos.

Gracias

Ruben Arno

Beans

Re: UBUNTU SERVER / SAMBA, installing a data server for workstations mixed

If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users