I'm owning an Asus Zenbook UX23VD and installed Ubuntu 12.10 alpha3 a few weeks ago. Now that beta1 is out and I upgraded my installation, I have a lot of problems with my desktop:
- My desktop icons are missing. Files and folders that are placed in "/home/myusername/Arbeitsfläche" are not visible on the desktop. I cannot draw selections on my desktop with my mouse.
- When I'm on an empty workspace (no open window) the windows or super-button on my keyboard doesn't open the unity stuff that it should.
- When I have open windows, then the super button does open this unity stuff, but its drawn below the open windows.
- The Keyboard combinations from the compiz plugins "move window" and "resize window" are imediatly reset to super+button1 and super+button2 when try to set them to alt+button1 and alt+button2 which was the default on most linux desktops I have seen as of yet. Those super+button combinations are not really a good choice, since long presing super will show a popup with the available key-combinations of unity.
- One problem I have since the very start when I installed ubuntu 12.10 alpha3 on my notebook: I need to disable the compiz plugin "place window" in ccsm. If I do not, my windows always vanish from one workspace and materialise themselfs on some other random workspace.
- The package nautilus-open-terminal still gives me the context-menu entry to open a terminal, but the opened terminal when clicking it does only exist for two tenths of a second and vanishes before showing a prompt.
- chromium-browser sometimes has the default window decorations in addition to its own window decorations.
Has anybody else observed any of those described problems? are there bug-reports for them somewhere? I could not find them. Do you think that a clean beta1 installation of ubuntu 12.10 would give me less problems?