0 0%
  • I don't like either one

5 20.00%

Thread: The Bourne Legacy

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

The Bourne Legacy

My wife and I have been big fans of the Bourne movies since The Bourne Identity first came out. I wasn't real exited about The Bourne Legacy, since Matt Damon wasn't in it. But last night we finally went and saw it.

I thought it was a pretty awesome movie, but I like the original ones better. But after seeing that, I'm not opposed to watching more with Aaron Cross. I still hope they make one sometime that has Aaron Cross and Jason Bourne together.

What did you think?
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: The Bourne Legacy

They don't really go well together. Jason Bourne is a regular human with world class training & conditioning. The new guy is an augmented human, able to do superhuman feats.

I like the first one a lot better, along with it's cold-warish espionage vibe. The second one has a completely different feel, and they just plugged scenes & imagery from Bourne to legitimize it as a continuation in the same franchise.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Two big problems with the new movie:

There was no real plot other then a guy needing to get his drug fix and a ridiculous government agency who thinks murder is the answer to everything. It doesn't go anywhere.

The other problem was that a huge part of the appeal of the other films was the spectacular long cut action scenes. There was nothing like that in the new film.

It was poor.

Beans

I'm into original characters so I'm not a fan of movies that changes their lead star or even just the actor(Spiderman). But in all fairness, I haven't seen the movie, so I guess I'd have to watch it first.

Beans

Thought it was pretty boring to be honest.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

If were talking movies jason bourne is better and so is the original trilogy
    although i would advise reading the books as they are so much better than the movies. In the first 10 chapters alone of the first book are completely different to the first movie, and thats in a good way.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by adjbck View Post
    If were talking movies jason bourne is better and so is the original trilogy
    although i would advise reading the books as they are so much better than the movies. In the first 10 chapters alone of the first book are completely different to the first movie, and thats in a good way.
    You can't really compare these movies to the books. They really should have named the movies something else. The Bourne Identity had a few similarities to the books, but all of the other movies had plots that were completely different than the books. The Bourne Legacy's plot is so different that it doesn't even have the same main character. I was surprised that Marie is still alive in the books.

But I like the movies a lot. I thought The Bourne Legacy (film) was a pretty good movie. But it's not the same, and not as good as the others. That's what you get when they use a different director.

But even though I didn't like it as well, I would still like to see more Aaron Cross movies. I'm interested to see where they take it. The reason I want one with both Aaron and Jason is because we want Jason back, and I don't think they're going to do it without Aaron. Matt Damon still wants to do another one, and I think the original director might come back when he's done with all his other commitments.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    But I like the movies a lot.
    +1 I reckon they are great.

This is what james bond should have been like.

Beans

matt damon is what made bourne so good.