Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Eternity (kind of spiritual successor to PS:T) will have Linux support!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Project Eternity (kind of spiritual successor to PS:T) will have Linux support!

Quote Originally Posted by JDShu View Post
    So... are you saying that it looks so amazing that it's hard to believe it's a screenshot? Or are you calling the guys at Obsidian Entertainment liars? It's hard to figure out intention over the internet
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. If that is a screenshot, then I take it that it is not a screenshot of an area where actual game play will occur. It may be the background for a cut screen or a loading screen or something like that. For some reason, I took you to be thinking that it was a screenshot of an area where actual game play will occur.

If it is an area where actual game play will occur, then I am truly amazed. It appears to be a painting/drawing with extreme detail and no sign of pixelization.
    Asus K55A (Core i5-3210M @ 2.5GHz/8GB RAM/120GB SSD/Intel HD 4000) with Ubuntu 12.10 Beta 2
    Compaq Presario C700 (Pentium Dual-Core @ 1.6GHz/2.5GB RAM/500GB HDD/Intel GM965) with Arch Linux and Linux Mint Debian Edition

Beans

Re: Project Eternity (kind of spiritual successor to PS:T) will have Linux support!

Quote Originally Posted by jrog View Post
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. If that is a screenshot, then I take it that it is not a screenshot of an area where actual game play will occur. It may be the background for a cut screen or a loading screen or something like that. For some reason, I took you to be thinking that it was a screenshot of an area where actual game play will occur.

If it is an area where actual game play will occur, then I am truly amazed. It appears to be a painting/drawing with extreme detail and no sign of pixelization.
    They call it an environment screenshot and detail how they made it. In fact it looks like a painting because it really is painted on top of the game engine! Similar to the old infinity engine games. I guess the tradeoff is that it's more of an isometric game than true 3D, but it looks beautiful.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by JDShu View Post
    They call it an environment screenshot and detail how they made it. In fact it looks like a painting because it really is painted on top of the game engine! Similar to the old infinity engine games. I guess the tradeoff is that it's more of an isometric game than true 3D, but it looks beautiful.
    Interesting. Thanks for linking to that. It does look beautiful.

Either way, I didn't mean to sound in any way negative -- I'm thrilled this game will have Linux support!
    Asus K55A (Core i5-3210M @ 2.5GHz/8GB RAM/120GB SSD/Intel HD 4000) with Ubuntu 12.10 Beta 2
    Compaq Presario C700 (Pentium Dual-Core @ 1.6GHz/2.5GB RAM/500GB HDD/Intel GM965) with Arch Linux and Linux Mint Debian Edition

Beans

No worries! I know very well how hard it is to convey meaning over text.

We've got a while to wait, but I think this will be the most complete game that targets Linux from the get go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12