Thread: Impossible install Alcatel onetouch X500e on ubuntu 12, maybe using Wine?

Beans

Exclamation Impossible install Alcatel onetouch X500e on ubuntu 12, maybe using Wine?

Hi All,

I've just installed Ubuntu 12.04 on a partition of my macbook. I use an alcatel X500e usb modem to surf on the web with mac 10.5 and 10.6 but it doesn't work on Ubuntu 12.04.
    If i launch sudo dmesg in terminal system detect it, so i filled ISP settings in network - mobile broadband section but I cannot surf on the web anyway.

Is possible install the mpkg package of mac os x version on Ubuntu? If yes, how?
    Is possible use the usb modem installing Wine and the Windows Software for the usb modem?

I've already written to Alcatel email support (in English and in my local language) but they didn't reply.

I'm sure ubuntu community is better than Alcatel

Thanks in advance,
    Cheers,
    Pier

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Lightbulb Re: Impossible install Alcatel onetouch X500e on ubuntu 12, maybe using Wine?

Before trying Wine, try this:
    open /etc/modules and add these two lines at the end:

usbserial
    option

reboot, and enjoy. I'm writing from a Bouygues Alcatel onetouch X230L, linux mint. The distros usually have the right drivers, it's just a matter of telling linux to expect dual devices (modem/storage). I found this at: http://askubuntu.com/questions/13029...ty-on-ub-12-04

You'll then have to go to "networks", and follow the "broadband connections"-> "add new connection" wizard. On my system it takes about 20 seconds after I plug the modem in to recognize it.
    Let me know how it went...
    ------
    Sony Vaio VGN-AW11M, 4GB RAM, only 3GB visible, don't know why. Running Ubuntu 9.04