Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lemu4 Freezing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Lemu4 Freezing

What's more important to you?

I value stability as it won't destroy my PC hardware due to constant and random freezes and lock ups. Linux kernel 3.3.6-030306 is extremely stable and reliable. I have tested it extensively under the heaviest work loads and it has performed admirably. I have noticed a longer boot-up period, but that is negligible to me compared to stability.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by Welly Wu View Post
    What's more important to you?

I value stability as it won't destroy my PC hardware due to constant and random freezes and lock ups. Linux kernel 3.3.6-030306 is extremely stable and reliable. I have tested it extensively under the heaviest work loads and it has performed admirably. I have noticed a longer boot-up period, but that is negligible to me compared to stability.
    I was just pointing that out. No need to kill the messenger boy.
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Beans

Thanks - that kernel upgrade fixed a bunch of issues such as browser freezes and problems with a USB mouse. One other problem that is much better after the kernel upgrade as well but not sure if completely gone is that over time the (wireless) networking capability seemed to degrade with regards to host resolution. Once a connection is made I get standard DSL (AT&T) download speeds, but on sites that communicate with a lot of different hosts as well as the initial resolution can sometime take quite a while. This did not happen in the beginning, the lemur is now 8 months old. Otherwise this is a great little sturdy bastard. Anybody experiencing this as well? Thanks & cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mellster View Post
    Thanks - that kernel upgrade fixed a bunch of issues such as browser freezes and problems with a USB mouse. One other problem that is much better after the kernel upgrade as well but not sure if completely gone is that over time the (wireless) networking capability seemed to degrade with regards to host resolution. Once a connection is made I get standard DSL (AT&T) download speeds, but on sites that communicate with a lot of different hosts as well as the initial resolution can sometime take quite a while. This did not happen in the beginning, the lemur is now 8 months old. Otherwise this is a great little sturdy bastard. Anybody experiencing this as well? Thanks & cheers
    No problems here on my lemur ultra
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by mellster View Post
    I hate it when people go gravedigging.
    Sounds like your Internet is just slow, and your browser takes awhile because the cache is dumped on closing.
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12