Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No pulldown arrows?

Beans

Re: No pulldown arrows??

Quote Originally Posted by GeForce 9500GT View Post
    I'm not using any kind of script blocking under FF. The only thing i use is Adblock Plus. But i don't think that is causing the issue here, right?
    Could be! Disable Adblock Plus and try.

Beans

If it is indeed caused by Adblock Plus, you'll have to make an exception rule.

To do that, click on the dropdown arrow next to the ABP icon and then click on Open Blockable items.
    You'll get a panel listing items that are blocked (red) or unblocked (green or black).
    I have
    http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.9.0/build...n-min.js?v=387
    and
    http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.9.0/build...event.js?v=387
    as allowed or unblocked.

To allow any blocked item, double-click on it, and then choose exception rule (which will be the default when you double-click on a blocked item).

A simpler way is to just disable ABP on ubuntuforms.org!
    But then you'll get that to see that irritating guitar player

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

@ catlover2 & vasa1:
    in this post i mentioned that i did a fresh/new install of Lubuntu. Maybe i wasn't really clear with what i ment, but i did a totally new and fresh install of Lubuntu. First i removed all partitions with the live-cd of Gparted and then i installed Lubuntu using a live-cd. After that i only removed Google Chromium (terrible browser IMHO) installed Firefox => no add-on's!! And still the button's for the pulldown menu aren't visible.

@ vasa1:
    I'll check those 2 links. Maybe they help but looking at my comment above it has nothing to do with Adblock Plus or other add-on.

@ elfy:
    I'lll try that and see if that makes any difference.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by GeForce 9500GT View Post
    Just did a fresh install of Lubuntu 12.04. Installed Firefox 15.0.1 and get the same.... no pulldown menu's. Whats going on?
    Out of interest, I've just installed Lubuntu 12.04 to a spare partition to see what I get, in case this was a Lubuntu quirk. See my screenshot of Firefox - the pulldowns are there for me.

This is a system freshly installed and not updated yet - only firefox 15.0.1 installed through Synaptic. I'll update the system and install my selection of firefox addons, which include Adblock+ and noscript, and see if any of that makes any difference.

Off-topic comment: I have to say that Lubuntu runs well on this quad-core 8GB RAM system!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Okay, if it's a totally clean install of Firefox, then AdBlock Plus isn't to blame and whatever I suggested related to that possibility.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    I'll update the system and install my selection of firefox addons, which include Adblock+ and noscript, and see if any of that makes any difference.
    Lubuntu now fully updated, etc, and I can still see the dropdowns. Adblock+ with Easylist hasn't affected it and the only thing that makes the dropdowns disappear for me is as coldcritter64 mentioned, blocking yahooapis.com in noscript. @GeForce 9500GT, since you aren't using a script blocker, then that wonlt be relevant for you. The one thing I haven't tried is removing Chrome.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Out of interest, I've just installed Lubuntu 12.04 to a spare partition to see what I get, in case this was a Lubuntu quirk. See my screenshot of Firefox - the pulldowns are there for me.
    This is weird.... Why don't have i the pulldowns??

This is a system freshly installed and not updated yet - only firefox 15.0.1 installed through Synaptic. I'll update the system and install my selection of firefox addons, which include Adblock+ and noscript, and see if any of that makes any difference.
    I did a fresh/new/clean install, just removed Chromium (Firefox will be installed as replacement), didn't add any add-on's to exclude them out. My system was updated with the latest updates. No pulldown's....

Off-topic comment: I have to say that Lubuntu runs well on this quad-core 8GB RAM system!
    See my spec's in my signature.
    Last edited by GeForce 9500GT; September 17th, 2012 at 11:56 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

so I assume that safe mode made no difference

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    so I assume that safe mode made no difference
    I didn't tried that yet. That will be done this evening. Remember the time difference between u and me

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

as far as I can tell you are constantly at home when online

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast