Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adobe Flash plugin not working properly.

Beans

Re: Adobe Flash plugin not working properly.

I'm going to ad that I'm having that same problems getting video to play. I've been messing with my fresh install for 2 days now, and have just gotten some video working, but not all. When I go to Youtube, some video plays while some doesn't.

I had a heck of a time getting Lubuntu to install on this computer, I had to remove the slide show before the install would finish without freezing. I mention this because I also installed Lubuntu using the same cd on my daughter's laptop a few weeks ago, and both the installation and video worked without any problem.
    uname -a shows that I have:
    Code:
    uname -a
    Linux larry-DA236A-ABA-6420NX-NA910 3.2.0-31-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 7 16:17:36 UTC 2012 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
    and I think that may be what's causing some problems. Here's lscpu:
    Code:
    lscpu
    Architecture:          i686
    CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit
    Byte Order:            Little Endian
    CPU(s):                1
    On-line CPU(s) list:   0
    Thread(s) per core:    1
    Core(s) per socket:    1
    Socket(s):             1
    Vendor ID:             AuthenticAMD
    CPU family:            6
    Model:                 8
    Stepping:              0
    CPU MHz:               1798.459
    BogoMIPS:              3596.91
    L1d cache:             64K
    L1i cache:             64K
    L2 cache:              256K
    I think the AMD cpu doesn't play well with whatever video requires. I also see that every guide says to ad software sources to the Software Center, but the Lubuntu Software Center doesn't have the "edit" tab that every guide shows for selecting and editing software sources.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Re: Adobe Flash plugin not working properly.

I have used Ubuntu sonce 6.06 dapper Drake now I am going back to windows, the Flash player will not work on my CPU architecture , I finally found the answer and I have to listen to artists music on website as part of my job, makes me MAD that Adobe did that and Firefox wont let me click to ebnable it anymore aftr going through AL the about:config , and after I just did a clean install o 13.04 Raring and have tried for 2 more days, I Give up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12