Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Flash plugin not working properly.

Beans

Adobe Flash plugin not working properly.

Hello, fellow *buntuers!

I am having a highly critical issue with a regularly used plugin/application that is integrated in the stock/vanilla Chromium web browser on the latest and greatest 64-bit variation of Lubuntu that I just installed on my computer, a Dell Studio 15 with 2.1GHz Intel processor and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 discreet GPU with 256MB video RAM and 3Gb total system RAM, and due to my regular necessity for this application, I am currently without a source of income as long as it does not work!

I am certain this web plugin runs off of Adobe Flash, but perhaps even Oracle Java as well. Regardless, The instructions that the website offers for a typical Linux installation does not work, at least, not for this stock/vanilla Chromium browser that comes preinstalled on the latest Lubuntu.

Anyway, I am deeply sorry for the essay; however, I see it crucial to provide as much information as I can, as I need this application to work so I can earn money before I can no longer pay for the internet.

But for real, here is the real issue that is really causing my loss of income. As you all may know, many OSVW's (online streaming video websites for those of you who dont know) use some form of Flash or HTML5 in order to successfully broadcast quality, and even Hi-Def!, content for users to consume at their voluntary desire for no charge what-so-ever! NO CHARGE! That's right! The site that I am highly involved with can be found at the following URL: http://www.veetle.com. I highly suggest trying it out for your free video consumption needs, and is a good source of revenue if you are aware and familiar with streaming.

Anyway, on to the real issue: after hours of plugging away at google and following various instruction, including the proprietary instructions that seem easy from the website itself, Veetle will not stream HD content to users using Chromium web browser in Lubuntu 64-bit.

Please help me discover a workaround to allow the plugin to work correctly in Chromium. I tried messing with Chromium's plugin folder, but it will not allow access at all!

I would greatly appreciate any useful assistance from those willing to solve this critical issue that currently exists in Lubuntu. Thank you for your support, and I like turtles.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: Adobe Flash plugin not working properly.

did you install flash? veetle works here, as most flash pages

Beans

Chromium has a flash plugin listed under aboutlugins, checked as allowed.

Beans

Surely someone knows a workaround for Chromium.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

you probably installed flash incorrectly. I think the flash plugin should be installed by the ubuntu-restricted-extras package

on my system, where flash works in chrome, firefox seamonkey, and chromium, the flash plugin isn't even listed in extensions

TenPlus1 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Beans

i got this...

Code:
    brian@brzan:~$ wget "http://dl.google.com/dl/linux/direct/google-chrome-unstable_current_i386.rpm"
    --2012-09-14 02:02:03--  http://dl.google.com/dl/linux/direct/google-chrome-unstable_current_i386.rpm
    Resolving dl.google.com (dl.google.com)... 74.125.134.136, 74.125.134.190, 74.125.134.91, ...
    Connecting to dl.google.com (dl.google.com)|74.125.134.136|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 43655350 (42M) [application/x-redhat-package-manager]
    google-chrome-unstable_current_i386.rpm: Permission denied

Cannot write to `google-chrome-unstable_current_i386.rpm' (Permission denied).
    brian@brzan:~$

TenPlus1 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Go here and download 32-bit version for Ubuntu/Debian:

https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chrome/browser/

Beans

I have similar problem with my system, fresh install lubuntu 12.04 twice actually and never got flash working on any browser. I finally got rid off chrome which installed firefox by default. currently I have firefox 15.0.1 version and following is my system info if that helps....

Code:
    drishtu@lubuntu:~$ uname -a
    Linux lubuntu 3.2.0-30-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 24 16:54:40 UTC 2012 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
    drishtu@lubuntu:~$ dpkg -l | egrep 'flash'
    ii  adobe-flash-properties-gtk           11.2.202.238-0precise1                  GTK+ control panel for Adobe Flash Player plugin version 11
    ii  adobe-flashplugin                    11.2.202.238-0precise1                  Adobe Flash Player plugin version 11
    drishtu@lubuntu:~$ ls /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/
    libflashplayer.so
    drishtu@lubuntu:~$
    I have tried putting that libflashplayer.so file in all locations namely,

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
    /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
    home folder .mozilla/plugins etc etc with NO luck.

I do not think the computer is not powerful enough to play youtube videos because, minitube applicaiton works just fine. the system used to play videos with peppermintOS on it.

Please help me to get the flash working. Its hard to live without youtube !!

Thanks.
    -Processor-
    Name : mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP-M (LV) 2000+
    Family, model, stepping : 6, 10, 0 (AMD Athlon XP/MP (Barton))
    Vendor : AuthenticAMD
    -Configuration-
    Cache Size : 512kb
    Frequency : 398.05MHz
    BogoMIPS : 796.09
    Byte Order : Little Endian

Code:
     drishtu@lubuntu:~$ lspci
    00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8378 [KM400/A] Chipset Host Bridge
    00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8237/VX700 PCI Bridge
    00:09.0 Network controller: Ralink corp. RT2500 Wireless 802.11bg (rev 01)
    00:0a.0 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ601/6912/711E0 CardBus/SmartCardBus Controller (rev 20)
    00:10.0 USB controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 80)
    00:10.1 USB controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 80)
    00:10.2 USB controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 80)
    00:10.3 USB controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 82)
    00:11.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8235 ISA Bridge
    00:11.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06)
    00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
    00:11.6 Communication controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 80)
    00:12.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102 [Rhine-II] (rev 74)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. KM400/KN400/P4M800 [S3 UniChrome] (rev 01)
    Last edited by theteju; September 18th, 2012 at 04:26 PM.

Beans

Update : okey the problem got solved temperorily by downgrading the flash version back to 11.1

talke look at the attachment screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast