Thread: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 problem on Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Exclamation Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 problem on Ubuntu 12.04

Hey guys,

I recently got myself a new HP Pavilion dm4-2102eo with a built-in Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 WiFi adapter. After messing a bit around with the partitions on the hard drive, I finally got to install the latest version of Ubuntu (12.04), now running a dualboot setup with the pre-installed Windows 7 (using GRUB).

So far everything has been running smoothly. Ubuntu quickly found drivers for almost all of my computer's hardware. That included drivers for the Wireless-N 1030 card -- or so I thought!

After having installed Ubuntu, I connected to my home WLAN (which was visible along with a range of other wireless networks in my neighborhood). I entered my WPA password and connected successfully. I opened up Firefox, typed in gmail.com, hit Enter and... Nothing happened! It kept on loading until it finally gave up and said that the connection could not be established.

I am now back on my Windows partition where the Internet works flawlessly. So does it on my iPhone, my mother's iPad and my brother's MBP. Since a lot of different devices are able to log onto our wireless network, the problem must lie within the Ubuntu installation.

I have taken screenshots of the connection settings (see here) and of the output of running the command ifconfig in Terminal (see here).

I am confident with Terminal and know how to do some basic operations but I have no clue of where to start here. I have been searching for solutions online but it seems that most people have different setups and need different solutions. I hope that you guys will be able to help me out.

Thank you so much!

Best regards,
    Sebastian

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 problem on Ubuntu 12.04

"Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

It did work! Wow, that easy!

Thanks a lot!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Please use thread tools at the top to mark Solved. It will help the searchers (John Ford and John Wayne) find the solution.

Glad it's working!
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.