Thread: Edirol UA-25 issue

Beans

Edirol UA-25 issue

hello, i have a Dell xps 15 with ubuntu 12.04 installed. recently, i purchased a edirol ua-25 usb audio interface and even though it is recognized by the computer and seems to work with jack, i can't get any input sound of it in ardour.
    i have searched many forums looking for an answer or a simple way to fresh-install the audio interface, but i am really new to linux so i don't understand the most of the hypothetical solutions.

please, any guidance would be greatly thanked

José

Beans

Re: Edirol UA-25 issue

I have an edirol ua-25 and used it for recording guitar input in UbuntuStudio.
    This was about a year ago and I was recording to Audacity using Jack and all worked fine.
    The edirol should work...probabably just some setting in Jack or
    Ardour you haven't set properly.
    May get a better response in the Ubuntu Studio thread.

Beans

Re: Edirol UA-25 issue

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    I have an edirol ua-25 and used it for recording guitar input in UbuntuStudio.
    This was about a year ago and I was recording to Audacity using Jack and all worked fine.
    The edirol should work...probabably just some setting in Jack or
    Ardour you haven't set properly.
    May get a better response in the Ubuntu Studio thread.
    yes. the thing is i did everything like the ubuntu studio webpage told me, with jack and ardour and they even used an edirol ua-25 in the example.

i thought about posting in the ubuntu studio thread but i don't have ubuntu studio, just the audio pack.
    thanks, i'll try anyways