Thread: HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A hangs when scanning second page

Beans

Question HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A hangs when scanning second page

My HP Officejet Pro 8500A (AIO) just decided to hang one the second page that is being scanned. I first noticed this about a week ago. The only software-related changes were Ubuntu updates. No new software or setting changes by me.

I am able to perform all printing options, including copying, but scanning the second page from the flatbed fails every time (I don't use the document feeder because it's much slower).

Can anyone suggest as to what I could do to remedy this situation? I've had two 8500A printers over the last few years and each one encountered this issue in the past, but it resolved itself within a few days.

Not sure if this is related, but I added this AIO as a LAN printer and as a USB printer using Ununtu's System Settings, but when I try to scan from it using gscan2pdf, I only see the LAN device, not USB. I can print to both, the LAN and the USB. Can anyone assist?

I am using gscan2pdf and love the app... just in case this may be something related to the app... which is doubtful because I encountered the same issue when scanning multi-page documents using xsane.
    Last edited by dpol; September 8th, 2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Omitted the gscan2pdf and xsane references.