Thread: Wasting my time...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Wasting my time...

I don't know if this happens to anyone else or not but sometimes (actually most of the time) I will log in to this forum in order comment on a thread. After writing my comment and submitting it I get a message telling me that I'm not logged in. This is very annoying and makes me think that I'm wasting my time trying to post anything here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Wasting my time...

Try logging out, clear your cache, remove cookies (or just the ubuntuforums.org one) then log back in.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Are you using Firefox? If so, do you have it set to purge cookies when you close it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

And just in case : you can copy-paste what you have just written into a text-file before posting it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Yes, I already know about logging out to clear cookies. And yes I have Firefox with manual purge, which I always forget about. Is there an extension for auto clearing or is it just a settings change in about:config?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I could be wrong, but logging out doesn't clear the cookie. You should try deleting it physically, then log back in.

Beans

I get this frequently on the Tremulous forum - to get over it I just go to file->work offline then press back and copy/pasting - ensures that I don't lose what I have written. On this forum pressing the 'remember me' thingy when I log in seems to work fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by Footissimo
    On this forum pressing the 'remember me' thingy when I log in seems to work fine.
    I found the "remember me" thingy critically important. Once it is ticked I needn't do it again - and I use Opera.

Beans

I get this on a lot of forums. Just be sure to tick the "remember me" check-box when you log in.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

its to do with the session timing out, like others have said ticking remember me will solve the problem but it will also create a cookie which stores your details and if someone steals that cookie they will have access to your account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    I think that ms's future will be a drunken and down-on-his-luck Steve Balmer on a beach somewhere in South America or the far east, trying to convince bored american tourists that he used to be important.