Thread: Back-lit Keyboard Button locks my mouse and Keyboard

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Back-lit Keyboard Button locks my mouse and Keyboard

I don't understand it. My Back-lit keyboard button is F6. When I hit it. My computer does this semi lock thing and I can't type, right click the desktop or hit that settings button thing in the top right corner of the screen. I can still open programs. Is there a way to fix this so I can use the brightness button for my Back-lit keyboard without having to restart my PC everytime I go to use it? Any help will be appreciated. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04. Does F6 have another feature?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Back-lit Keyboard Button locks my mouse and Keyboard

Bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I figured out that my F6 key is being used as the Disable Track-pad key and my Back-lit key at the same time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Arrow Re: Back-lit Keyboard Button locks my mouse and Keyboard

Bump

I really hope someone can answer this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'd like to point out that my Disable Touchpad key is glitched up and it disables some keyboard functionality and the right-click menu. I'm not sure why. I also figured out that going into the Ctrl+Alt+F1-F6 menus seems to bring back the functionality of they keyboard and right-click. This also makes it so the F6 key has no function at all till restart. I'm still having said problem and have been searching for a solution since. I really hope someone can at least point me in the right direction. I tried uninstalling Synaptics but that removed the functionality of my touchpad all together and the problem was is still present.

(The main problem is that my Backlit keyboard button is also my Disable touchpad button.)