Page 190 of 206 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2053

Thread: Comprehensive Sound Problem Solutions Guide

Beans

Re: Comprehensive Sound Problem Solutions Guide

I tried to follow the step to get drivers installed and got an error message. Any help would be appreciated. This is the error. Thanks in advance for the help.

┌───────────────────┤ module-assistant, log file viewer ├────────────────────┐
    │ │
    │ for i in control postinst postrm ; do \
    │ if [ -f debian/$i.orig ]; then \
    │ mv -f debian/$i.orig debian/$i ; \
    │ fi ; \
    │ done
    │ rm -f control-munge
    │ make mrproper
    │ make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modules/alsa-driver'
    │ rm -f .depend *.o snd.map*
    │ rm -f modules/*.o modules/*.ko
    │ make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include'
    │ make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include'
    │ make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/alsa-driver'
    │ rm -f configure-stamp
    │ rm -f build-stamp

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Largaroth View Post
    Hi, I've read through the first page of the topic and done the steps.
    Here's where I get a problem, after successfully finding my alsa driver with the modprobe snd- ... when I try to add the name in the file /ect/modules, it simply creates a new empty file, and so I'm at a loss.

I recently installed an update, which seems to be the cause of my no longer having any sound.

(For info, my sound card is a Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy SE)
    Try

Code:
    /etc/modules
    and not

Code:
    /ect/modules
    This has come up a number of times. Is this some unusual contraction of Et cetera which is what i thought /etc stood for ?

Kind regards
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

If it is of any help to anybody:
    - if you had sound after initial Ubuntu installation and installed a suggested update and lost sound, you might want to boot into the pre- update kernel version, provided that the update you installed causes Ubuntu to create a backup version of the kernel (like a security update, for example).
    After a security update on my Ubuntu machine, my USB speakers were no longer recognized. But after booting into a previous version of the kernel (the one before updates), those speakers were recognized. After another update from there, same speakers were suddenly recognized in the latest kernel version as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Smile Re: Comprehensive Sound Problem Solutions Guide

thanks a lot......it gave my sounds back....
    contented !
    I always count on my UBUNTU

Beans
    Hidden!

Allright, here's the problem:
    I have an e-mu 1212m (emu10k1) soundcard (which is supported), but Ubuntu only detects my onboard card (which is also enabled)

lspci -v gives the following output:

Code:
    03:01.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB0400 Audigy2 Value
    	Subsystem: Creative Labs EMU1010 Digital Audio System [MAEM8960]
    	Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 19
    	I/O ports at a400 [size=64]
    	Capabilities: <access denied>
    	Kernel modules: snd-emu10k1
    and then:

Code:
    bogdan@bogdan-945PL-S3P:~$ sudo modprobe snd-emu10k1
    bogdan@bogdan-945PL-S3P:~$
    And still nothing.

EDIT: tried the hard way:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r) module-assistant alsa-source
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure alsa-source
    sudo module-assistant a-i alsa-source

And then I got an error and a huge log file, the last error being:
    Code:
    In file included from include/linux/pci.h:58:0,                             
     │                  from /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore/memalloc.inc:13,   
     │                  from /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore/memalloc.c:1:      
     │ /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/linux/pci_ids.h:2:58: fatal error:     
     │ @CONFIG_SND_KERNELSRC@/include/linux/pci_ids.h: No such file or directory   
     │ compilation terminated.                                                     
     │ make[5]: *** [/usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore/memalloc.o] Error 1        
     │ make[4]: *** [/usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore] Error 2                   
     │ make[3]: *** [_module_/usr/src/modules/alsa-driver] Error 2                 
     │ make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.38-8-generic'        
     │ make[2]: *** [compile] Error 2                                              
     │ make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/alsa-driver'                   
     │ make[1]: *** [build-stamp] Error 2                                          
     │ make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/alsa-driver'                   
     │ make: *** [kdist_image] Error 2
    Last edited by nightfever; April 25th, 2011 at 12:02 AM.

Beans

Hello everyone.
    I got a problem with codecs. So I installed ubuntu 10.10, made upgrade. Now I have sound coming out my sound card, but sound is not comin through speakers wich are inside my all-in-one computer. What I can do now? My computer model is Medion Akoya P4010D. Sound card in Realtek High Definition Audio Codec chipset, version 6.0.1.6285.
    Thanks very much.
    Regards.

Beans

Hello all having sound problems. NO sound comes out at all either from the headphone jack in the front or the speaker jack in the back. I have followed through these steps as well as I am able but have some questions. In step one I get

homestar@homestar:~$ aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    homestar@homestar:~$

which is fine until I try to do sudo modprobe snd- every variant I have tried comes back as not existing. no combination of ALC662 that I have tried or NVidia or HDA NVidia works.
    When I go to search for the driver on the seperate website lists driver options for snd-hda-intel. I have tried getting ALSA from a fresh kernel and even tried doing the complilation myself without getting any error messages. Kinda at a loss as what to do next any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

My sound stopped working after upgrading to 11.04. My ALSA info is at:
    http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=59...0d327765fb4cc7

wpshooter is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by scifiart View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I got a problem with codecs. So I installed ubuntu 10.10, made upgrade. Now I have sound coming out my sound card, but sound is not comin through speakers wich are inside my all-in-one computer. What I can do now? My computer model is Medion Akoya P4010D. Sound card in Realtek High Definition Audio Codec chipset, version 6.0.1.6285.
    Thanks very much.
    Regards.
    If I have to read & digest everything that is in this thread to get the sound to work on my computer, I think I will just purchase M/S windows.

Thanks.

Beans

I also wanted to add my thanks to the long list. I tried every fix that I could find, but removing and reinstalling the linux-sound-base packages finally worked.

After four days of pounding away at the terminal, the little bongo noise at Ubuntu start up was quite suprising and exciting!

Page 190 of 206 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast