Page 158 of 206 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2053

Thread: Comprehensive Sound Problem Solutions Guide

Beans

Re: Comprehensive Sound Problem Solutions Guide

The Keyboard Shortcut guide at http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/MultimediaKeys appears no longer to exist.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 15.04 Vivid Vervet

I was posting a problem that I had with zero audio but now I got it fixed, Im still look for an answer about the cutover freq for the subwoofer.

ELP
    Last edited by SR_ELPIRATA; August 30th, 2009 at 06:16 PM.
    HTPC: MSI FM2-A55M-E33 mobo, Amd A8-5600k APU, 6GB RAM, 120GB Crucial SSD Ubuntu Mate 15.04, 500GB Windows XP SP3, HDMI Video, 5.1ch Analog Audio, XBMC/Kodi

Beans
    Distro

Well, guess I didnt solve it at all... still zero audio

Did no changes to the configuration as I had it working even before reading it. Also, snever found (many pages left) the subwoofer cutover trick so not even this has changed.

I can tell that the audio stopped working like 2 days ago, before that it... it was working well. The lspci -v shows the audio device and also the aplay -l does. I'm using the analog outputs and so far all settings in preferences-sound are set to the HD SB ATI and the mixer PCM bar on the mixer is at 100%. Earlier I was experiencing problems with this PCM thing which after every restart showed up at 0% but did the changes in the preferences and now is always at 100%.

Whenever I double click a song in Rythmbox I get the red (pidgin's dnd button) icon showing problems and something on the upper right corner about error. When I go to preferences-sound and try to test audio I get:

audiotestsrc wave=sine freq=512 ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! gconfaudiosink: Could not open audio device for playback.
    At system startup I get the welcome sound and after user/password the login sound, they work.

Far as I can tell, no audio updates were available recently but I do remember doing some general updates last friday, which was the last day for sound to work.

Any clues?

ELP

PS: Yes, I forgot, I dualboot with xp and sound works on the other side.
    HTPC: MSI FM2-A55M-E33 mobo, Amd A8-5600k APU, 6GB RAM, 120GB Crucial SSD Ubuntu Mate 15.04, 500GB Windows XP SP3, HDMI Video, 5.1ch Analog Audio, XBMC/Kodi

Beans

I tried everything listed on the sticky and seemed to have luck untill I checked the sound and still nothing. I just installed Jaunty jackalope ubuntu x86 64-bit on my new Compaq 515 (Turion X2 64) and my soundcard is: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA). I dont get sound from speakers or headphone jack. Is there anything I can do? This is my first time using Linux on a computer, and I'd hate to go back to windows...

Beans
    Distro

Did you try the 32bit 9.04? I have the ATI Technologies Inc RS780 Azalia controller and was working great till 2 days ago (I'm running 8.10 32bit).

Btw, as explained before, zero audio at the moment though I'm finding that its happening with both the Rythmbox and Totem, no audio with these, but using VLC... I not only get audio but full 5.1 audio as I had been having before.

Not even the 'mouseover' over mp3/ogg tracks do the preview that it used to do, so I'm guessing something broke with gnome since its too much of a chance that this happens with more than one app. Wish I knew what else to do.

ELP

Beans

Just a small thing, I have an Audigy 2 card, but Ubuntu is reading it as an Audigy 1. Is this detrimental to my sound quality at all? I'm noticing a bit of bass distortion, but that may just be my headphones. Cheers.

Beans

I just want to thank you for the great help this guide has been for me.

Expend 4 days trying to figure who to fix mi sound problem, and when i had enought, and was ready to reinstall mi os, your page save a headache.......

tks, a lot......

Beans

I have been running XBMC on my Xbox for may years and decided to build a very cheap HTPC so I could move to XBMC for Linux and do 1080 video. I picked up a Jetway barebones Intel Atom 220 machine for $139 and an Nvidia 8400GS PCI card for $53 and a Turtle Beach Advantage Micro USB card to do optical output for $29. I already had some spare DDR2 and an old SATA Laptop HD. I am able to run 1080i H.264 via VDPAU and only running around %8 - %18 on the CPU. Very happy about that.

Anyways, my goal was to do passthrough via SPDIF on the USB card and music via SPDIF on the USB card and analog to the onboard soundcard at the same time. I have a second receiver that runs some outdoor speakers and some speakers in the bathroom that requires the analog signal.

So far I tried this in my .asoundrs file:

Code:
    pcm.opt {
            type hw
            card 1
            device 0
    }

pcm.ana {
            type hw
            card 0
            device 0
    }

pcm.both {
            type copy
            slave.pcm "opt"
            slave.pcm "ana"
    }
    This works:
    speaker-test -c2 -twav -Dopt

This works:
    speaker-test -c2 -twav -Dana

The does not work:
    speaker-test -c2 -twav -Dboth

When I try "both" I get analog via the onboard card but no optical via the USB card.

Again, I am very new (1st day) to ALSA, or any sound on Linux for that matter. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hello guys! I've just upgraded my KDE to 4.2 and then - my distro to Jaunty. I also compiled a new kernel - a 2.6.30 one
    After some major bugs were fixed by dpkg and initial package configuration, ALSA doesn't seem to work
    So i removed the alsa-base package and tried to compile it from alsa-source package
    The problem is, it presents me with the following errors
    Code:
    In file included from include/linux/gfp.h:4,
                     from include/linux/kmod.h:22,
                     from include/linux/module.h:13,
                     from /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h:26,
                     from /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore/memory_wrapper.c:25:
    include/linux/mmzone.h:18:26: error: linux/bounds.h: No such file or directory
    include/linux/mmzone.h:256:5: warning: "MAX_NR_ZONES" is not defined
    In file included from include/linux/gfp.h:4,
                     from include/linux/kmod.h:22,
    include/linux/mmzone.h:290: error: ‘MAX_NR_ZONES’ undeclared here (not in a function)
    In file included from /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore/memory_wrapper.c:25:
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h:283:1: warning: "GFP_DMA32" redefined
    In file included from include/linux/kmod.h:22,
    include/linux/gfp.h:100:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    In file included from /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h:949,
    include/linux/pci.h:698: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before numeric constant
    In file included from /usr/src/linux-2.6.30/arch/x86/include/asm/pci.h:4,
                     from include/linux/pci.h:1098,
                     from /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h:949,
    include/linux/mm.h:269: error: conflicting types for ‘snd_compat_vmalloc_to_page’
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h:753: error: previous declaration of ‘snd_compat_vmalloc_to_page’ was here
    In file included from /usr/src/linux-2.6.30/arch/x86/include/asm/pci.h:4,
                     from include/linux/pci.h:1098,
                     from /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h:949,
    include/linux/mm.h:446:63: warning: "NR_PAGEFLAGS" is not defined
    include/linux/mm.h:494:62: warning: "NR_PAGEFLAGS" is not defined
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h: In function ‘snd_pci_orig_save_state’:
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h:1198: error: too many arguments to function ‘pci_save_state’
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h: In function ‘snd_pci_orig_restore_state’:
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h:1202: error: too many arguments to function ‘pci_restore_state’
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h:1564:1: warning: "page_to_pfn" redefined
    In file included from /usr/src/linux-2.6.30/arch/x86/include/asm/page.h:58,
                     from /usr/src/linux-2.6.30/arch/x86/include/asm/processor.h:18,
                     from include/linux/prefetch.h:14,
                     from include/linux/list.h:6,
                     from include/linux/module.h:9,
    include/asm-generic/memory_model.h:72:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h: At top level:
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/include/adriver.h:1683: error: static declaration of ‘pci_ioremap_bar’ follows non-static declaration
    include/linux/pci.h:1236: error: previous declaration of ‘pci_ioremap_bar’ was here
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore/memory_wrapper.c: In function ‘snd_compat_vmalloc_to_page’:
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore/memory_wrapper.c:44: error: implicit declaration of function ‘VMALLOC_VMADDR’
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore/memory_wrapper.c:49: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘pmd_offset’ from incompatible pointer type
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore/memory_wrapper.c:50: error: implicit declaration of function ‘pte_offset’
    /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore/memory_wrapper.c:50: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    make[3]: *** [/usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore/memory_wrapper.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [/usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/acore] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/src/modules/alsa-driver] Error 2
    make: *** [compile] Error 2
    Code:
    $lspci | grep audio
    00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
    I've examined lots of error reports like this but nothing fitted me completely, though I suspect solution looks like editing some source code in adriver.h or something

Beans

has anyone had any luck with 9.04 amd64? not one of the guides has worked for me.

00:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev 04)

i know that the i386 works. is it a bug, not enough work, what is with the amd64 in jaunty that is having so many problems?

Page 158 of 206 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast