View Poll Results: What Will You Do for 12.10?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clean install

31 32.29%
  • Upgrade

31 32.29%
  • Nothing/keep your current version.

34 35.42%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 12.10-What Will You Do?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: 12.10-What Will You Do?

upgrade on my main laptop, clean install on my new desktop.
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW2U View Post
    However, as these threads seem to focus on Ubuntu, rather than one of the derivatives, I'll vote for keeping the current version.
    Or maybe what you call "derivatives" are in fact the exact same distribution, just with a different set of default packages, and thus the thread applies to them equally well.
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans

I'll update a test laptop first, see what's new and what cost/benefits are available. I'm happy with 12.04. It make my T400 scream with speed compared to the alternative

Beans

it is difficult to answer this poll because i use ubuntu on multiple machines and some of them will receive a new fresh install and others will receive upgrades,,, maybe we should ask witch way you would use it the most or maybe even how many machines do you use ubuntu on,,,, just a thought....

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    Linux Mint has the best method of doing clean installs. Mintbackup allows you to backup your apps list as well as your /home folder. Then when you restore the backup after a clean install, it will automatically fetch and install all of the apps you had previously installed. The only problem with Mint is that they don't have any official way at all to do an upgrade, rather than a clean install.

That is a nice idea. But I don't think it would work properly for people who install a lot of deb packages manually or from third party repositories.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by capink View Post
    That is a nice idea. But I don't think it would work properly for people who install a lot of deb packages manually or from third party repositories.
    It probably doesn't work with manually installed debs, but it does work with PPAs.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by capink View Post
    They are better of with a 100% clean install in that case. Cause normal dist-upgrade will be problematic too.
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I am pretty sure that I will stick with Ubuntu 12.04.1 64 bit Long Term Service until April 2014. Unity 6.2 and 6.4 are slower in Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit than Unity 5.6 in Ubuntu 12.04.1 64 bit LTS according to Phoronix.

Beans

I always dual boot an LTS and the in betweens. Right now I am running 10.04 and 12.04 since it just came out, but 10.04 will be gone soon and 12.10 will take its place.

Goodbye 10.04, you will be missed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345