Thread: Ubuntu One Music Store. Disturbing lack of discussion about confusing issues.

Beans

Ubuntu One Music Store. Disturbing lack of discussion about confusing issues.

No one seems to be discussing ubuntu one music store much anywhere so I thought I would start a thread.

Ubuntu one music store offers no .ogg or .flac downloads, which is difficult to comprehend on one hand, but easy to understand when we know that it is just the 7digital music store integrated into ubuntu one/rhythmbox, and seven digital makes no such offerings. Well, hopefully in the future 7digital will get with the program.

Interestingly though, even though the store is just 7digital, I have no way of logging into ubuntu one music store with my 7digital account, which I began using when I was running lucid, for which banshee was broken for me and probably everyone else and at that time the only platform capable of accessing ubuntu one music store. So I have all these 7digital purchases which I still can't download in a free encoding format and which I can't download in ubuntu one music store or rhythmbox.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu One Music Store. Disturbing lack of discussion about confusing issues.

bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ubuntu One Music Store. Disturbing lack of discussion about confusing issues.

Have you tried contacting 7digital and see if they will move them for you?

I think this web interface and searching capability is a good start and would love to take advantage of the 6 months free music streaming but I don't have a smartphone.

It's nice to see some activity going on with Ubuntu One. Just wish there was more.
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531