Thread: internet suddenly stopped working

Beans

internet suddenly stopped working

Hi

I have a laptop toshiba Z830 and its internet suddenly stopped working

I have ubuntu 12.04 installed on it and it was working pretty smoothly till now. and now it has suddenly stopped working.

I am able to ping wireless routers as well as other machines connected via LAN.

I just tried to boot via USB and 12.04 and there internet is working so hardware wise it seems to be ok some software problem. can anybody help?

Samarth

Beans

Re: internet suddenly stopped working

Hey,

I have the same problem with two different Sony Vaios. Internet worked fine up to now when it suddenly disconnected and now I can't even connect to the wireless network anymore. Windows 7 however works just fine on the same laptop, so I guess the problem lies software-side !? Any help for us two would be greatly appreciated (I don't want to use Windows )

Nik

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nikunder View Post
    Hey,

I have the same problem with two different Sony Vaios. Internet worked fine up to now when it suddenly disconnected and now I can't even connect to the wireless network anymore. Windows 7 however works just fine on the same laptop, so I guess the problem lies software-side !? Any help for us two would be greatly appreciated (I don't want to use Windows )

Nik
    Oh good and bad I was kind of blaming toshiba for the same I guess sony also is to be blamed then.
    And is your wired connections is also not working ?

Please help
    idom
    Last edited by idom; September 6th, 2012 at 09:57 AM.

Beans

Can't check with wired as I only have wireless at hand atm. It's a "one-serves-all" network in an apartment-building and the only thing tenants get is passwords for 3 available networks to choose from. Can't connect to 1 and 2, 3rd one is the weakest of them and while I can connect at times I have troubles loading google.com (or in that fact any other page). As I can't administrate the networks I was hoping someone might have an idea on a computer-sided solution. Has to be possible as I'm currently using the same networks just with Windows.
    ...Samsung mobile phone won't connect either, weird.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer530 View Post
    the same problem
    I have filed a bug report in ubuntu
    link is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1046735

FYI

Regards,
    Samarth

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer530 View Post
    the same problem
    Jennifer can you just check with USB booting that it is not a hardware issue. Just to confirm that all are facing the same issue. On my laptop toshiba Z835 it is working with USB boot nikunder has confirmed that it is working in windows so there also it is not working

If you don't mind can you please share you ubuntu version and some hardware details.

Regards
    idom