Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Internal error with apport-gpu-error-intel.py

Beans

Re: Internal error with apport-gpu-error-intel.py

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Man View Post
    This is where I got my kernel from
    http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa....8-rc7-raring/

You have to install linux-image-extra now as well as the usual three to get wired and wirless to work at least in my case using the ath9k driver for wireless.
    hi, as I never installed a kernel before further instructions how to do it would be appreciated.

Beans

I finally managed to install the kernel, following the instructions on http://askubuntu.com/questions/25354...7-ubuntu-12-10
    However, the error is still appearing!?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I had the exact problem on my Intel/Nvidia optimus system. Installing Bumblebee worked for me but I still kept forgetting to use optirun or an update would come along and the apport messages would resume, even after reinstalling BB. Graphics performance after a crash would drop substantially, so something was truly borked. I have a separate /home drive so I simply reinstalled the / drive and the problem went away. Kind of a shotgun fix but it works. I see there are some new Nvidia drivers in today's update (and new OpenGL yesterday) but I am not getting any answers as to whether they work with optimus so I am sticking with Bumblebee until I am sure.
    Last edited by Nesaskewatch; April 11th, 2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: more detail
    You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it.

Beans

I'm having the same issues now after getting an update last night. Additionally, sometimes I can't even boot up, the screen stays black and says I'm in 'low graphics mode', and I have to reboot. My wireless has now slowed to a crawl. My machine is basically unuseable in this state.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I usually am optirunning at least one application, and using the sandy bridge mobile for a few others when I get a GPU hang. I actually can't remember a time that I got GPU hang and then the error when I wasn't using both graphics cards.

I would also suggest to NEVER use nividia drivers with Optimus, they completely break your system and only way to fix it is to reinstall Ubuntu. When u first installed the nividia drivers without knowing this I was stuck with a 640*480 screen, unity 2D,and my system ALWAYS running in 'Low graphics mode'. The only way I fixed that was by re installing Ubuntu.

Also after having this error I tried re installing again, and it hasn't fixed it. It made the errors go away for a while, but they came back.

Also more detail into when I get the error, I am usually running Netbeans without optirun, chromium with YouTube without optirun, and mine craft in the background running in optirun with pretty high graphics settings. Also I sometimes have a non-optirun terminal running ssh into a server.

Beans

I just installed the latest version of 13.04 and so far so good. I've downloaded updates and rebooted several times, no issues so far. Keeping fingers crossed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I would try 13.04, but I don't think BumbleBee has support for it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Beans

Upgrading to 13.04 works fine for me too - no error messages any more!

Beans

Cool. Mine is still running well also.

I just got an update with a few 'apport' files in it, hopefully it holds up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just got another apport-check-resume error, when I hadn't even hiberanted/suspended before. I had shutdown my computer, and when I booted up I got a apport-check-resume.py crash. (the apport-check-resume.py program crashed), when I don't think it even needed to be running.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast