Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal error with apport-gpu-error-intel.py

Beans

Re: Internal error with apport-gpu-error-intel.py

I continue to get the internal apport-gpu-error-intel.py error. As my system boots up, the screen blinks a couple of times and then the system becomes inert. The mouse reacts to manipulation. But I cannot open a terminal window or other application. I am using Ubuntu 12.04LTS. This problem began to show up a few weeks ago when I updated the system.

Beans

Hey all. I have been having this exact problem as well and it seems that it stems from my Sandy Bridges chipset being incompatible and making the GPU fail. If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

I am running a new install of 12.10 Ubuntu.

Fingers crossed for a solution.

Cheers
    Cam

Beans

Everything that I have read indicates for me at least, that the issues is with the Sandy Bridges, I have stopped apport at this stage to see how that effects things, however there have been some real system hangs. I will report back in the next day or so to say how this solution worked for me.

Beans

I have this issue too. I might disable it if it keeps happening. The same error and I get the impression apport opens its self to report it's self and yet again crashes causing an indefinite loop. Maybe a coincidence but, i first noticed it when I added a new ppa source by mistake. (copied the wrong one.). I never installed anything from it and disabled it as soon asI realized it since it wasn't what I wanted. maybe an auto-update on something that was backgrounded after I enabled? It literally ran perfect up to that point in time and about 3 minutes later apport went off.

Beans

if it helps, i'm running ubuntu on a toshiba satellite L755. I also installed kubuntu dekstop because i'm not fond of unity.

Beans

Hi all,

THis current thread is marked as SOLVED, so probably won't get any further attention. If you want a further assist I would recommend starting another thread...HOWEVER, I was having the same problem and followed the instructions towards the end of this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2127593&page=6 which involves updating to Kernel 3.8. I also installed the PPAs which were recommended and not having any issues anymore.

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

What PPA'S do you mean the actual kernel PPA? or some other PPA?
    Thanks

Beans

Hi there. I am a NOOB, and I don't get what should I do. Should I change the kernel? use xdiagnose?(which I don't know how to use it btw)

Beans

Sorry Wild Man, forgot to write them altogether, linuxisfast recommended to install x-swat and ppa glasen/intel-drivers which I did and seemed to have solved the issue.

@juanovic - read through http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2127593&page=6 as it seems that this is the best fix for the problem. Wild man may be able to let you know better than I on how to obtain the official new kernel.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

This is where I got my kernel from
    http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa....8-rc7-raring/

You have to install linux-image-extra now as well as the usual three to get wired and wirless to work at least in my case using the ath9k driver for wireless.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast