Thread: Every time when i open my Update-Manager Im getting this error...please fix this

Beans

Question Every time when i open my Update-Manager Im getting this error...please fix this

Could not initialize the package information

An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.

Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:

'E:Encountered a section with no Package: header, Eroblem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/www.bashterritory.com_pytube_releases_en, E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.'
    Last edited by munvar; September 4th, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Every time when i open my Update-Manager Im getting this error...please fix this

This is a well know bug, I personally attached my Launchpad account to it and follow the evolution of the bug, and a lot of people are still experiencing it.
    Anyway, open a terminal and run

Code:
    sudo apt-get clean

sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/*

sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/*

sudo apt-get clean

sudo apt-get update
    normally this have worked for a lot of people whom have reported the bug. repost here if you have any other issue.
    Opensource is future.

Beans

Question Re: Update is failed

W: GPG error: http://www.bashterritory.com InRelease: File /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/www.bashterritory.com_pytube_releases_InRelease doesn't start with a clearsigned message
    W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/www.bashterritory.com_pytube_releases_Packages Encountered a section with no Package: header

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    Last edited by munvar; September 4th, 2012 at 04:27 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Every time when i open my Update-Manager Im getting this error...please fix this

open update manager -> settings -> from 1st TAB at download from choose best server/main server .

then update again .

while coming to GPS issue use this

Code:
    sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/www.bashterritory.com_pytube_releases_InRelease
    Then try again .
    Raja

రాజ శేఖర్ రెడ్డి