Thread: EeePC 1225C or other linux netbook that ships to Belgium

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

EeePC 1225C or other linux netbook that ships to Belgium

Hey

I'm looking for a linux netbook. My first choise is the EeePC 1225C which would be perfect for me. But the only store where I can find this netbook is the Italian Fnac store -> http://www.fnac.it/Asus-Eee-1225C-BK...a659083?PID=10
    The problem is that they don't ship this to Belgium. My question is, is there a place where I can buy this netbook (preferably qwerty and not stupid Belgium azerty)?
    If not, are there other stores that sell linux netbooks (preferably Asus or Toshiba) that ship to Belgium?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: EeePC 1225C or other linux netbook that ships to Belgium

I have no idea about taxes shipping etc. but it looks like Amazon will ship to Europe if what you want is not available from Amazon's German or French sites.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...?nodeId=596194

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by kurt18947 View Post
    I have no idea about taxes shipping etc. but it looks like Amazon will ship to Europe if what you want is not available from Amazon's German or French sites.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...?nodeId=596194
    Amazon is not really an option, since I refuse to use/have a credit card. This noob store doesn't allow normal bank transfer, like every other store.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The amazon version is no-OS, or Windows (at least the models on the U.S. Amazon page) - not that it seems to matter in this case.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Asus 1225C only works with Ubuntu 12.04 in unity 2D. The onchip graphics of the Intel cedar trail cpu is from a separate licensed proprietor and only offers limited linux support. The sticker says "Intel Inside" but this is sadly not true. So Unity 3D does not work and may not ever be supported. Ubuntu 12.10 does not work at all. So beware all Intel Atom 2600 and 2800 chips.

Take a look at the Asus f201e it has a 1.1 GHz Intel Celeron 847 processor and should be okay.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Angry Re: EeePC 1225C or other linux netbook that ships to Belgium

I am struggling with Ubuntu 12.10, installed properly. but halts at booting time.
    Last edited by mathew.chacko; October 22nd, 2012 at 07:36 AM. Reason: spelling
    Give, and it shall be given unto you - Luke 6:38