Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The FBI and Nigeria want to send me money??

Beans

Re: The FBI and Nigeria want to send me money??

Always liked those messages. Sad to think there are still people falling for it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Apparently a new one is home calling for computer repair... all you have to do is send your computer to nigeria to get it cleaned of malware

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

My wife recently got one saying if she sent her husband to Nigeria, she could get a pair of new husbands each half my age.

She laughed when she told me about it.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night because she was putting stamps all over my forehead.

Spent the whole day trying to scrub the address off my face. Magic Marker.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ms. Mariam Abacha mail me every week about some funds. She says she's the widow of Mr. Sanni Abacha, an Oil & Mining entrepreneur in Africa.

It's interesting they feel like anyone would accept those credentials / ever heard of those people. Like "Oh, the Abacha, sure, they're great people, everyone knows how trustworthy they are".

Anyway, about a month ago I replied saying we should cut to the chase, drop the sad stories about widows and political opposition and talk business. I told them I'm willing to help with any transaction they need but, instead of money, I want a kidney, a cornea and some illegal wild animals in exchange for any money laundry services if they can arrange that.

I got no reply so far I think they waste too much time trying to recruit people for their scheme but have no real master plan once someone accepts to take part in it.

Regards,
    Effenberg
    Last edited by effenberg0x0; September 1st, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

I got a Nigerian 419 spam last year, from none other than Capt. James T. Kirk. I laughed about that for days.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I think there is some real artistic merit to the email the OP posted here... That guy is very creative, just a shame he wastes his talents in such a way.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoundguy View Post
    What is fun is to string these *** ***** along! Play their game and act as dumb as a box of rocks. But keep finding excuses until they get frustrated! Then tell them what they can do to themselves!

The same as someone that buys a laptop from eBay and wants to send a MONEY ORDER or some similar scam. GO FOR IT .. then send a box of rocks to the foreign address .. and put a customs declaration on it for the value of the laptop .. the only way the guy can get that package is to pay the DUTY .. thus paying for a box of rocks!! That is FUN!!
    You do know that a money order is a legitimate form of paying for things through ebay, right? :-p

Back when I was younger I bought alot of things via money order on ebay. I didn't have a credit card or bank account yet, was the only way.
    Desktop
    Antec 300 Illusion, Athlon II X4 640, 8GB DDR3 1333, EarthWatts430W, Radeon HD 6670 1GB
    Laptop
    Lenovo Thinkpad Z61T, T7200@2.00GHz, 2GB DDR2, 100gb HD, TPM Encryption

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I've been getting tons of emails from the Bank of India about my deceased grandpa, and that I have now inherited $3 million. I can't wait for my money to arrive! </sarcasm>
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Off-topic, but I read just yesterday in the latest Consumer Reports that the "overpay" scam is 5th on the list of complaints to the Internet Crime Complaint Center last year.

That's the one where the mark sells something on Craigslist or what have you, the scammer sends a check for too much, then the scammer talks the mark into wiring him the overpay.

First off, people still send checks in the mail??

It's difficult to believe people fall for that. I mean, at least try to cash the check first for cryin' out loud.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12