Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Serendipitous September Screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Serendipitous September Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Landau View Post
    Ubuntu isn't really meant for that sort of thing (it's meant to be Linux for dummies — like me — who aren't into much fiddling). If you're creating a minimal install because of a low-spec computer, try Lubuntu or the even smaller Bodhi.
    The beauty of a minimal install is that it can be built up to be whatever type of install you want, similar to Arch Linux.
    That's what she said.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Landau View Post
    Ubuntu isn't really meant for that sort of thing (it's meant to be Linux for dummies — like me — who aren't into much fiddling). If you're creating a minimal install because of a low-spec computer, try Lubuntu or the even smaller Bodhi.
    yeah i understand. just thought that a Ubuntu minimal install would be easier than installing arch again since usually most configuration is done for you when installing packages. But as it turns out for me at least that it's quicker to install arch than a ubuntu minimal install since you won't waste time searching all over the web the arch wiki is amazingly detailed. I gotta agree with the arch philoshy "If you try to hide the complexity of the system, you'll end up with a more complex system". Sure you can get a working install of ubuntu in half hour but then you have to buy the entire package. But, try and start with a base install getting even simple stuff to work is a pain in the ***. For example power-management via xfce4 wouldn't work. In arch it's as simple as adding your user to the power group. In ubuntu power group doesn't exist. Also ran into a painful problem of being forced to wait 60 seconds every boot while trying to determine my network configuration.
    Last edited by mamamia88; September 24th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Messing about in GS...

Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Messing about in GS...

where'd you get the awesome wallpaper?
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

i agree

still simple.
    yes i'm a nood

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

My Xubuntu 12.04
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

XUbuntu.

My hands were getting tired using ALT + TAB so I did a simple change to window buttons on a bottom panel and a side panel in xfce to give me all the functionality I need. Simples.

The text over the buttons takes about 3 seconds to come up, but it kept getting stuck in the SS so whatever.

Not fancy looking, but auto hide helps keep everything out of the way when it's not needed and on a 15.4 inch laptop screen you don't need loads of docs stealing the space.

[IMG]http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u491/Joss_Kingston/Screenshot-240912-221312_zps1c484a8a.png

[IMG]http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u491/Joss_Kingston/Screenshot-240912-221326_zpse303479d.png
    Last edited by overdrank; September 24th, 2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: please use thumbnails

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post

Important Note: Any image posted that is excessive will be removed! Use a thumbnail or use a text link to your image. If your image is removed, this is why.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Messing about in GS...

AWESOME as usual
    This account is not active.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast