Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless issues with an Asus N76VZ / Ubuntu 12.04/Kernel 3.4/Intel Wireless-N 2230

Beans

Re: Wireless issues with an Asus N76VZ / Ubuntu 12.04/Kernel 3.4/Intel Wireless-N 223

Got exactly the same problem with the Asus N56vz with the Intel centrino 2230 wireless card. It seems to only occur on N-networks. Have no problems at all with my home G-network.

The fix didn't work either... still disconnects every few minutes
    Last edited by benTheLightman; September 25th, 2012 at 12:47 PM.

Beans

Re: Wireless issues with an Asus N76VZ / Ubuntu 12.04/Kernel 3.4/Intel Wireless-N 223

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Let's try a driver parameter. Please do:
    Code:
    sudo modprobe -r iwlwifi
    sudo modprobe iwlwifi 11n_disable=1
    If it helps, we'll write one quick file and make it persistent.
    It worked for me!
    Dell Inspiron 7520
    08:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 2230 (rev c4)

Beans

Code:
    sudo modprobe -r iwlwifi
    If it helps, we'll write one quick file and make it persistent.
    That worked for me, too!

Asus N76V
    03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 2230 (rev c4)

Great, thank you!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

this seems to be a persistent problem with all intel Centrino variants, i have option of ditching my Centrino and using Killer's Bigfoot Wireless instead, are there similar issues with that particular wifi card?

Additionally after a kernel update sometimes the problem comes back and becomes persistent regardless of what solution may have worked in the past.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

i have option of ditching my Centrino and using Killer's Bigfoot Wireless instead, are there similar issues with that particular wifi card?
    The Bigfoot wireless I am familiar with uses the driver ath9k. Search this forum and see if there are ever any disconnects and drops or slow speeds with ath9k. Here, for example: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ighlight=ath9k

Have you tried turning N speeds off at the router? My iwlwifi device is about perfect.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Wireless issues with an Asus N76VZ / Ubuntu 12.04/Kernel 3.4/Intel Wireless-N 223

Code:
    sudo modprobe -r iwlwifi
    If it helps, we'll write one quick file and make it persistent

Please do:
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf
    A new, empty file will open. Use kate or leafpad or any text editor if you don't have gedit. Add a single line:
    Code:
    options iwlwifi 11n_disable=1
    Proofread, save and close the text editor. You should be all set.

So the searchers can find the answer, please use thread tools at the top to mark Solved.

Have fun!
    Dell Vostro 3650 - Does the trick for this machine too, thanks for your posts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12