Thread: Wifi Hotspot Requires a Username??? (ubuntu 13.04)

Beans

Question Wifi Hotspot Requires a Username??? (ubuntu 13.04)

Hi,

I have just upgraded my system to 13.04 from 12.10 and having a problem with wifi hotspot:While I was using 12.10, I was able to successfully connect to my hotspot with my iPad by only entering the password. However after upgrading to 13.04, when I try to connect to my hotspot, it also asks for a username. However I do not know what the username is and could not find a way to find it.

What is the username, where does the information about the username exist? (root or my PC username does not work.) Also why did this happen? As I said, previously it was not required??

Regards

Beans

Re: Wifi Hotspot Requires a Username??? (ubuntu 13.04)

now I have checked 100 times more all the network settings etc. but could not find anything related to ad-hoc's username. Is not there anyone who could manage to successfully share his internet connection??

Beans

yes hello i am havn the same trouble to its set up and my iphone see it but it asks for a username ????

Beans

I experience the same problem in 12.04. When I first start the hotspot, I can connect with my iPod as the network shows no authentication. However, the connection does not seem to be functional and moments after it is connected the lock icon appears on the connection name on the iPod. I then disconnect and try to reconnect, but this time is asks for a username and password. The password I've set, but no username seems to work.

Any ideas?