Thread: Right-Click Menu of Apss on Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Right-Click Menu of Apss on Ubuntu 12.04

Hello.

running Ubuntu 12.04 lts 64 bit.

i have installed Gnome Shell and now using Gnome Classic theme. i wanna ask you how to use right click menu on application icons. or send the shortcuts on desktop like windows ? before 11.10 i was able to do it in Gnome Classic theme :/

one more thing is that. i wanna run the applications with double-click. how can i do that ? is there any tweak settings about that ?

can anyone help me about that pls ?
    thank you.
    Last edited by priority; August 30th, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

Beans

Re: Right-Click Menu of Apss on Ubuntu 12.04

If you are using gnome shell sadly there is no way to do it.
    It mainly comes from the clean desktop idea and not overloading your screen with an array of clickable icons.
    You can get one of the docks for gnome shell though that are based on your favorite applications.
    I like these two when i occasionally like to mess around with gnome shell:

https://extensions.gnome.org/extensi.../dash-to-dock/

https://extensions.gnome.org/extensi...panel-docklet/

Also most stuff in gnome shell is single click so keep that in mind, personally I have gotten used to single clicking

Beans

Sorry but how stupid idea is it ??? what s ubuntu trying to do with users by locking us in one single system or theme without any change ???

really it is annoying.. after 11.10 Ubuntu took our freedom in UBuntu... before 11.10 everything was great.. :/

Beans

if i wanted to dash dock i would use Mac or windows... i dont like any linux system looks like mac. i like side bars on top and bottom..

really disappointed :/

Beans

Well both Unity and Gnome shell are not really all too configurable at least not at first especially unity that is actually supposed to be locked down.If you want configurability back you could try KDE or XFCE as both now offer many configuration options, especially KDE.
    No one is forcing you to use a mac OSX style interface as there are many options for you
    Last edited by MadmanRB; August 30th, 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Beans

yes but i really use to love ubuntu style.. i feel disappointed seeing silly changes in new versions. i dont like other linux clients.