Thread: edit gnome panel compiz emerald

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

edit gnome panel compiz emerald

Hi I just found out to use alt+super+right click to add/remove items from gnome panel in 12.04 classic. However after tweaking compiz and emerald this no longer works I can mouse click all I want and no menu appears. I think the combination of emerald and compiz block it somehow.

Is there a way to disable compiz/emerald and make my panel the way I want it? I googled this quite a bit but can not find the solution.

Thanks
    FattyZ

I just copy and paste commands into the terminal from the internet. It either gets fixed or it stops working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: edit gnome panel compiz emerald

try installing the compiz fusion icon. it should let you toggle all of that stuff
    If only I could grep life.......

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have compiz and the icon installed but now that icon will not appear on gnome panel either. I can start ccsm from terminal but really its the gnome panel itself not working.
    FattyZ

I just copy and paste commands into the terminal from the internet. It either gets fixed or it stops working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I guess this is solved as well. Compiz and Emerald just crashed and without the decorations I can use the menu to add/remove items from the panel. Now if I can just get the Compiz icon back on there and get it to stay put i'll b ok.
    FattyZ

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

12.04 classic gnome panel compiz icon problem

SO here it is. After fooling around a bit more I guess I know how to do anything that I could do with the compiz fusion icon without it. I can run ccsm, reload windows manager, compiz --replace etc.

BUT, I like it, and this is a funky little problem being caused by gnome panel and emerald in Ubuntu 12.04 classic.

If anyone wants to take a crack at it I'd appreciate it.
    FattyZ

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

GOT IT. Man that was crazy hard. Googling everywhere and finally one thread led to another.

http://uhttps://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?
    https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=116658

It seems gnome classic and gnome are different things and keyboard combinations change depending on your machine.

It was a long time coming.
    FattyZ