Thread: Running internet explorer 7

Beans

Running internet explorer 7

I have an issue where I have installed ie7 in wine and it seems to work ok. I can brows to google etc. but I can't access Microsoft Dynamics CRM which only supports ie7 or newer. When I try to go there I get this error (HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied.) I don't know what could be wrong but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Running internet explorer 7

What are you trying to do there exactly? Is this the site? http://crm.dynamics.com/en-us/home If it is it works for me in google chrome browser.

EDIT: If this one: http://crm.dynamics.com/en-us/on-demand it hangs...

Bear in mind, not all things windows/microsoft are going to work perfectly under Wine... You may have to run windows in a virtual machine to get this to work right.
    Last edited by Terl; August 29th, 2012 at 02:25 AM.

Beans

No, its actually https://mscrm.optos.com. I need to be able to access it for work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Ignore my post! Came before your reply
    Last edited by Futant; August 29th, 2012 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Irrelevant post
    Mutate and Survive...

Beans

I'm using firefox and it does the same error except it says it's an unsupported browser. I have done some research on MS Dynamics CRM and the developers say that the latest version of Dynamics CRM will support Fireforx, Chrome etc. but I think we are using last years version.

Is it prompting you to put in the credentials? Because when I do it gives me the HTTP Error 401.1

Beans
    Distro

Have you tried Chrome? I hit your link and was prompted immediately for a user and password (which of course I do not have ).

Worth a shot...

EDIT: I get prompted for credentials using chrome... it is an easy download and is in software center... faster than firefox too
    Last edited by Terl; August 29th, 2012 at 02:41 AM.

Beans

Yeah, I have it installed and just tried it. Same thing again it says it's a unsupported browser.

Beans
    Distro

If you have a copy of windows, you may want to try the VM route. My son used to work from home via a VM install of windows on his Ubuntu machine. That way you'd have all the windowy things the site may require