Thread: Audio Signal Problems. Guitarix Jack and Ardour. Line 6 TonePort UX-1 working.

Beans

Audio Signal Problems. Guitarix Jack and Ardour. Line 6 TonePort UX-1 working.

After an upgrade to precise, my toneport works almost out of the box. I just had to install QasMixer and check PCM Capture Source and select instrument. Thanks to M1szcz for the advice. There is only system playback in the right ear which I think is the default setting for a mono signal, not sure how to change this.

My main problem is that I can't seem to get jack to route an audio signal to any software (except audacity, which hears and records my mono signal fine with great split playback). This includes Ardour, Rosegarden, Rakarrack and Guitarix. I have tried what I believe to be all relevant routing combinations in jack.

Guitarix only hears my laptop mic, the audio interface isn't listed in guitarix settings only system audio(though my system i/o are both set to my interface... so this may be part of the problem, since my system mic is working)

Ardour and rosegarden don't seem to have and selections to choose an input device. I am perpelexed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Audio Signal Problems. Guitarix Jack and Ardour. Line 6 TonePort UX-1 working.

Hi. Have you tried to set up Input and Output devices in the setup tab in Qjackctl?

Beans

Re: Audio Signal Problems. Guitarix Jack and Ardour. Line 6 TonePort UX-1 working.

yes, they are set to default. I tried a few combinations that seemed sensible. Maybe I should be selecting system i/o's in some combination rather than my hardware i/o's but I think I tried that. I will play with it some more but I'm going out of town and I wont be able to reply for a week or so.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If you want to do a last try with input and output devices settings, probe the plugged audio devices with:

Code:
    cat /proc/asound/cards
    and then try to set the input and output devices in Qjackctl as you need.

What about the connection tab in Qjackctl? Does it shows the right inputs and outputs?
    Last edited by CrocoDuck; August 31st, 2012 at 10:59 AM.