Thread: No Connection

Beans

No Connection

The my-weather indicator now does not give forecast. The msg. is Forecast Information cannot be fetched connection cannot be established.

How to fix.

I know how to completely remove and re-install it but hope to avoid doing it.

Update have installed my-weather indicator 2.0 and it seems to be working for now, except the only option that works

is Yahoo, the other two do not
    Last edited by rosswmcgee; August 29th, 2012 at 01:52 AM. Reason: More info

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: No Connection

Quote Originally Posted by rosswmcgee View Post
    The my-weather indicator now does not give forecast. The msg. is Forecast Information cannot be fetched connection cannot be established.

How to fix.

I know how to completely remove and re-install it but hope to avoid doing it.
    I have the exact same message. I have seen the Weather applet send crash report after crash report for about 10 days now. If it's not critical, I would suggest waiting. I'm pretty sure "they" know about this and are working on it.
    AMD FX-6300, 8gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 256G WD blue SSD, GeForce GT710, HP LJ Pro M277-fdw

Beans

I have purged the my-weather indicator and every file I can find that will let me

delete, and still the my-weather indicator icon is on the panel.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'm assuming you've tried right-clicking and removing the panel that way? What flavor of Ubuntu are you using, and what DM?

Beans

I am using 12.04, but silly me had not tried to right click and remove it, thanks.

Beans

Well I downloaded and installed my-weather indicator 2.0 it worked for about 3 hours

then went back to the original problem.