Last friday I upgraded my ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04. Everything went well, but I noticed networkmanager had been instaled. I use wicd since nm connects and disconnects all the time in my hp compaq 6720s.

So I uninstalled networkmanager and use wicd ( working perfectly with wifi) in 12.04.

The problem is new mail notification ( I use evolution 3.2.3) doesn't appear in the envelope in panel. Also, when I click on the envelope all the inboxes are set to 0 although there are new messages coming without reading.

Of Course I have enabled in preferences of evolution: Indicate new mail messages in panel, play a sound and show a notification. I only got a sound when new mail arrives and see the bubble in desktop indicating new message but no in the envelope in panel.

In the upgrading to 12.04 thunderbird was installed but I don't use it and I haven't configured any account in it. Can I uninstalled it without any problem?

Could the problem be related to use wicd instead of nm?. How to see new mail notification in panel working?

Thankyou very much in advance