Thread: Advent AW10 PRINTER?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Advent AW10 PRINTER?

I only just got round to looking at whether the printer I have is compatible and find it is not - though it seems if I install the drivers http://sourceforge.net/projects/cups...atest/download 'some functionality' will be restored. I would appreciate any advice on whether I am just wasting my time and need to go buy a new printer or how exactly I get this to work.

The drivers download for some reason once downloaded opens the software manager in order to install them. the 'install button is greyed out and it tells me to install the drivers via my normal software channels.

I am not even sure what that means ? I can't do anything else with the download as far as I can see.

Would it work if I use a wireless setting?

Is it just better to go out and buy another printer?

Thanks J

Ubuntu 12.4
    Acer 6930g
    Still deciding what to say.....

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Advent AW10 PRINTER?

install the package c2esp for unbuntu 12.04, using for example synaptic package manager.
    what version of c2esp do you get?
    Provided you have version 2.2 (c2esp22) or later, you should be able to print by telling the printer manager that the print is a kodak hero 9.1

read the documentation for c2esp to get more details on installing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by paulnewall View Post
    install the package c2esp for unbuntu 12.04, using for example synaptic package manager.
    what version of c2esp do you get?
    Provided you have version 2.2 (c2esp22) or later, you should be able to print by telling the printer manager that the print is a kodak hero 9.1

read the documentation for c2esp to get more details on installing
    I am going to get some ink today. I think I may now not even need this. I tried the printer again last night and it tried to print but then I got blank pages...then checked and for some reason a pretty new ink cartridge had run out or dried up. I think if I change that I may be able to use the printer after all.

Yes Advent seem to be Kodak disguised. I have read that Kodak cartridges work but yoiu have to do something to them.

If I cannot print then I will try your suggestion. Thank you. J

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Do you still have time to return it to the merchant you purchased it from?

I'm asking because I ran in circles with the Kodak ESP7.
    Only got about 10 pages and had to buy new black ink and the same with color.

Didn't matter what I tried.Ubuntu would not recognize it.....Had the printer for..( 1-2 years ) sold it-
    "A morning w/o coffee is like something w/o something else"

-:- Elementary OS Freya on a Quad Core Desktop : CentOS on a Sony Vaio-:-

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateCat View Post
    Do you still have time to return it to the merchant you purchased it from?

I'm asking because I ran in circles with the Kodak ESP7.
    Only got about 10 pages and had to buy new black ink and the same with color.

Didn't matter what I tried.Ubuntu would not recognize it.....Had the printer for..( 1-2 years ) sold it-
    No it is old now. To be honest printers are not hard to come by as they are forever on offer on freecycle locally. I am fairly sure though that this is a blip as the printer was fine before and just will not work unless all 4 inks are there. I also remembered I used it to copy a fair few photos so that is probably where the ink went.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalyn View Post
    No it is old now. To be honest printers are not hard to come by as they are forever on offer on freecycle locally. I am fairly sure though that this is a blip as the printer was fine before and just will not work unless all 4 inks are there. I also remembered I used it to copy a fair few photos so that is probably where the ink went.
    Just to say that although I got a connection to the printer it still will not print even with the inks in and following all suggestions above. It makes all the right sounds and shows as if it is ready to print right down to printer chugging away, but it will not print the page. I sort of feel that if it got that far then there must be something that could be written. I am not able to do that though. (Advent AW10)-

So annoying as it even completes' the job-just does not actually print. Tried again just now and the red line saying 'printing' is running accross the printer, but the manager says it is 'waiting for the printer to become available', and that is as far as I get.....
    Last edited by Jackalyn; August 29th, 2012 at 08:14 PM.