Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PDF Editing

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: PDF Editing

I would like to recommend PDF Studio (Standard or Pro). You can download a free demo version or the full (paid) commercial package from Software Center. The full version is not free but costs $80-$120 depending what additional feature set you need, but if works JUST like Adobe Acrobat, at a fraction of the cost. I found that when it comes to text editing inside an existing PDF file - it is actually better than Adobe Acrobat... They update the software all the time and add features. When I found a bug, I communicated with their tech support, that fixed and sent me a repair patch with 24 hours!
    Last edited by OM55; August 29th, 2012 at 05:04 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Try google chrome or probably chromium.

If it's just simple filling out form it has integrated pdf viewer and basic editing.
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by matyd View Post
    Thank you for all the replies! I just got rid of LibreOffice because I just didn't like using it. I downloaded OpenOffice instead and like it much better. I will give xournal a show and see what I can get done with it.
    It doesn't matter. Libre office is Open office with bug fixes and a few minor new features. Open office development basically grinded to a halt thanks to Oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcanulty View Post
    OK I got it you have to search for libreoffice-pdfimport. Searching for pdfimport turns up nothing which says a lot about synaptic's and software center's search ability.Also the libre office extentions site turns up nothing for a pdf import search
    *pdfimport perhaps?

extensions site doesn't turn it up because it is supposed to be inlcuded in Libre office by default. i do not know why Ubuntu chose to not inlcude it. I too had difficulty finding the extensions and thought i was going mad until i got the idea to check for it in Synaptic. sure enough it was there. installed it and it works.

i have a Libre office portable for win on a USB key. Sure enough the plug in is already included in that installation.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Once you load the pdf import extension where can it be found in the menu? I haven't found how to actually use it yet...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

PDF Studio by Qoppa Software is a really nice tool.
    But if you like to do some simple highlighting kind of thing, then you can give Okular a try

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12