Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't access Ubuntu related websites, launchpad, or use Update Manager

Beans

I can't access Ubuntu related websites, launchpad, or use Update Manager

This is the strangest thing.

I turned on my laptop today and found that I couldn't complete any updates through update manager. It would just come to a crawl once it got to a repository.

Then I tried to load launchpad.net and it wouldn't work, then ubuntuforums.org, and then one.ubuntu.com and that won't load either. I can't even connect to Ubuntu One on my desktop. I am only now able to access this forum because I am using a proxy.

All other websites work fine (google, yahoo, youtube, imdb, etc). It seems only Ubuntu related websites will not load. It makes no sense, please help

Beans

Re: I can't access Ubuntu related websites, launchpad, or use Update Manager

bump

This is a major issue and I can't find a solution anywhere

edit: I can't access those same websites even from a different laptop using Windows 7.
    Last edited by coldjeanz; August 27th, 2012 at 09:24 AM.

Beans

Exactly the same happened here last night. I'm still searching for the solution and I write here through proxy... Could it be some wrong update we did?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Exclamation Re: I can't access Ubuntu related websites, launchpad, or use Update Manager

Confirming this issue.

First occured last evening on multiple Ubuntu PC's
    Internet Service Provider Elion, Tallinn, Estonia.
    I can't access ubuntuforums or ubuntu.com, nor update or install anything, it just freezes on

0% [Connecting to ee.archive.ubuntu.com (91.189.92.183)]
    It just doesn't ping.

Writing though Russian proxy.
    brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/24188

Beans

Hmmm are you guys using any of the daily builds from elementary OS Luna? That's the only "risky" type of ppa I'm running which might have done something but I can't say for sure. Everything was working fine last night and I didn't install or update anything. Then I turned it on this morning and nothing was working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Nope, clean Ubuntu 12.04 here.
    Same problem on Linux Mint 12 PC and as you noted above, Windows 7 PC too, this seems to be not PC specific.

Where are you from and what is your ISP?
    brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/24188

Beans

Me too. No modifications, clean Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin). First I thought it was from the DNS server, then changed it to google public DNS but this didn't solve the problem.
    My ISP is Vivacom, I'm from Bulgaria.
    Last edited by gabrielddimitrov; August 27th, 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Beans

I've also got this problem. Tried to update my newly installed Ubuntu 12.04.1 server and couldn't access security.ubuntu.com. Then i tried to access ubuntu.com and canonical.com on a Windows 7 desktop with no success. Also tried with Google Public DNS.

ISP: Tele2

Using a swizz proxy right now.

Beans

This seems to be not only individual problem. A friend of mine is also experiencing it on different ISP, plus you users here. So, what follows now? Please answer us.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thumbs down Re: I can't access Ubuntu related websites, launchpad, or use Update Manager

Make sure when you update you are not trying to install anything Via Apt-get terminal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast