Thread: GIMP won't work after installing Fotoxx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

GIMP won't work after installing Fotoxx

Hello,
    I am using Ubuntu 12.04 64bit quite successfully. I do a lot of image processing and for what I was trying to do, GIMP was not going to cut it. I looked around and found out Fotoxx which would have been a good tool and installed it.

Well, after installing Fotoxx, I have noticed that GIMP does not work for me and I am at a loss as to why that would happen.

Anyone else seeing this?

BTW, GIMP was working very well until I installed Fotoxx. The irony of all this is that Fotoxx will also not cut it for me, and I do want a good tool to fall back on and GIMP was that tool for the most part.

For what it's worth, I have "completely removed" Fotoxx and also "completely removed" GIMP (when I say "completely removed" all I mean is when the system asks to completely remove the software, if there are dependent files that ought to have been removed, given that I am not fully aware of all dependencies, I am not sure if that counts as "complete removal" of the software). I have since also installed GIMP to see if it works or not - and it does not (this is with no Fotoxx installed anymore).

All help is greatly appreciated. If you need to see any logs, please let me know and I will be more than happy to provide that information.

Thanks,
    Dhaval
    Last edited by dhavalbbhatt; August 26th, 2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: More information.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: GIMP won't work after installing Fotoxx

"does not work" is not much to go on. What messages do you see? Start gimp from a terminal and report what it says.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: GIMP won't work after installing Fotoxx

Quote Originally Posted by dhavalbbhatt View Post
    I looked around and found out Fotoxx which would have been a good tool and installed it. Well, after installing Fotoxx, I have noticed that GIMP does not work for me and I am at a loss as to why that would happen. Anyone else seeing this?
    Fotoxx has no connection to Gimp. You must have some other problem.