Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10.04 - Hylafax w/ Avantfax install guide

Beans

Re: 10.04 - Hylafax w/ Avantfax install guide

This is an excellent guide, and wanted to say thanks first off.

Iv'e got an ubuntu 10.04 system running hylafax. I can't seem to be able to to get faxrcvd to work properly. Outgoing works fine. Incoming faxes are received, but not shown in the inbox or emails.

If I run it from the command line, it will update the avantfax inbox and send out email.

I followed a couple of suggestions I've read about this, with no success. I imaging it could be a permissions problem, but haven't the faintest idea what it should be.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: 10.04 - Hylafax w/ Avantfax install guide

I am having this same problem. I've installed avantfax on 12.04 and it seemed to be working but received faxes wouldn't show up in the inbox. I had to execute this command to get previously received faxes into the inbox.

Code:
    cd /var/spool/hylafax; for i in `ls recvq/*`; do bin/faxrcvd.php $i ttyS0; done
    That command worked and I was able to view the faxes. Newly received faxes would still not show up in the inbox so I changed the permissions as suggested earlier in this thread with

Code:
    chmod -R 0770 /var/www/avantfax/tmp /var/www/avantfax/faxes
    chown -R apache.uucp /var/www/avantfax/tmp /var/www/avantfax/faxes
    The file owner is uucp since apache.uucp does not exist. Now I can't view any of the received faxes. The previously received faxes are still listed in the inbox but there is a red line through the preview popup and when I try to view them there are just blank pages. If I try to open the pdf it says that the pdf file does not exist but it does exist at the indicated path. Has anyone gotten this working?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12