Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best RSS reader and RSS feeds

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Best RSS reader and RSS feeds

It was a GNOME app (Possibly Liferea, I don't remember) that got me started to the world of RSS, but eventually. I really think the best you can do with RSS feed readers is use a web site. I think applications in Linux/GNU tend to be very good, but the thing with RSS is that, specially if you use multiple computers and platforms, it is more practical to track the RSS you have already read if you use a web site.

Unfortunately, RSS web sites have been a chain of fail lately. I initially used bloglines, which back in its day was actually cool. Then some company bought it and redesigned into an awful website that was not as useful. Forced me to look for alternatives until I eventually settled with Google reader.

Then Google reader went through ridiculous changes itself. I still use it but it is far less useful without the share option.
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Best RSS reader and RSS feeds

Google Reader is full of win. Having a single reader that tracks what I've read and what I haven't across all PCs and my phone is a killer feature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12