Thread: Intel Graphics help

Beans

Intel Graphics help

Under Windows, the Intel HD Graphics driver comes with this blue control panel ui, which lets you change contrast, saturation, gamma, all useful things.

Picture: http://www.phoronix.net/image.php?id...win7_sandy_med

I have not yet installed the Intel proprietary driver under Ubuntu 12.04, but would doing so give me this blue control panel? As of right now, I'm finding it difficult to change these display options to my liking, as neither ccsm nor color management under settings work correctly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Intel Graphics help

Their are no proprietary drivers for intel graphics. Intel video drivers are open-source and built into the system by default. You can look for the package xserver-xorg-video-intel to make sure it is installed, it most likely will be.

Beans

Re: Intel Graphics help

Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    Their are no proprietary drivers for intel graphics. Intel video drivers are open-source and built into the system by default. You can look for the package xserver-xorg-video-intel to make sure it is installed, it most likely will be.
    I'm pretty sure I have the drivers, but I'll check that once I can get to my laptop.

Still, is there anyway I can get that control panel for the graphics? Or will I just have to find another method to change the contrast / saturation?